Ashoka is at the forefront of identifying, supporting, and collaborating with leading social entrepreneurs around the world who are solving complex social problems by changing patterns and transforming systems. Over 3000 Ashoka Fellows and Changemakers are demonstrating unrivaled commitment to bold new ideas, in every area of human need, on every continent. They are proving that empathy, integrity, creativity, and collaboration are tremendous forces in driving social change and creating a world in which everyone can be a Changemaker.
Volunteer VIRTUAL Grants Development & Fundraising Manager for Peer Mentoring Project in Nigeria with After School Mentoring Project
This is an opportunity to work with an Ashoka Fellow
Ashoka Fellows are leading social entrepreneurs that have been taken through a rigorous selection process, testing the quality of their ideas and character, to become part of the Ashoka Fellowship and Network. Ashoka Fellows take on the challenges of building innovative system change ideas to make and spread social impact in a world wrought with challenges. They refuse to let the ‘impossible’ stand in their way to creating a better world.
This is an unpaid, volunteer opportunity
About the Affiliated Organization
Afterschool Peer Mentoring Project is a Non-governmental, capacity development organization that is committed to inspiring, investing, engaging and facilitating growth opportunities for young persons in transitional stages of their lives. We ignite young people to set career goals and walk them through the achievement of such goals enabling them transit seamlessly from school to work.
Here's your chance to work with After School Mentoring Project!
For more information, please visit: www.afterschoolproject.org
The Grants Development & Fundraising Manager for the identification of funding opportunities for developing new resources and new donor partnerships for Afterschool Peer Mentoring Project and expanding the grants development and fundraising portfolio, to ensure that new opportunities are explored and developed for organisational financial sustainability. Duties and Responsibilities are:
- Reviewing and actioning the sustainability framework for Afterschool Peer Mentoring Project with support from the Executive Director, other Management Staff and the Communications team.
- Developing and implementing an annual fundraising strategy to Identify and maximize opportunities to generate and secure new funds for the Afterschool Peer Mentoring Project on short-medium and long term. To develop and execute strategies to raise restricted and unrestricted funds from corporate donors, charitable trusts and individual giving through appeals, campaigns, events, proposals and other such means as would be deemed appropriate.
- Representing Afterschool Peer Mentoring Project to potential donors through direct communication via email, Skype, telephone calls and where appropriate and relevant through face to face meetings.
- Leading the development of fundraising information and materials to support donor partnership development in line with the Afterschool Peer Mentoring Project Partnership Framework.
- Managing a database of all funding applications showing potential donors, requests submitted and active grants. Liaising with the Finance department to undertake regular cost reviews and analysis of Afterschool Peer Mentoring Project’s resources to identify gaps for funding, especially for core costs.
- Liaising with the Programmes departments to acquire information that will be used to expand the grants database for Afterschool Peer Mentoring Project s active/funded grants and to identify strategic areas of work that require new funding.
- Providing feedback to existing and potential donors in liaison with the Communication Department.
- Researching new potential donors with an action plan for follow up with timelines.
- Developing funding proposals and concept notes in collaboration with other Afterschool Peer Mentoring Project management staff.
- Ongoing sustainability of Afterschool Peer Mentoring Project including generating unrestricted funding for the projects core costs as well as funds that be invested as reserves for the organisation.
YOUR COLLABORATION WITH US WILL MAKE A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE IN NIGERIA AND BEYOND. PLEASE LET US KNOW TODAY IF YOU CAN HELP!
Estimated hours required per week: 35
The estimated duration of the project is: 6-12 months
This position is Virtual
Desired Skills and Experience
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in International Relations, Marketing, Public Administration, Public Relations, Business Administration or any other development related field.
- At least 5 years experience in Grants development and fundraising management.
- At least 5 years experience in grants and fundraising management
- Experience in Grants and fundraising in NGO environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills with a minimum of one year’s administrative experience, preferably gained within a voluntary sector setting
- Excellent research skills
- High level of self-motivation and experience of working under one's own initiative, as well as a member of a small, interdependent team
- Experience of working to exacting deadlines
- Education to degree level or equivalent experience
- Ability and willingness to work some unsociable hours (evenings / weekends) and to occasionally travel overseas
- Strong knowledge and understanding of international development issues
- Excellent IT skills, including Word and Excel
- Experience of fundraising from trusts, foundations or other sources
- Experience of producing project budgets
- Experience of report writing
- Experience of working or volunteering in an international development agency
- Experience of working in a multicultural environment
- Experience of Client Relationship Management databases