Sigma Qualitas is a network of seasoned and experienced consultants, with several years work experience in large multinational organizations and the public sector, who have come together for the purpose of providing consultancy expertise and training to clients across various industries.
Manager, Logistics and Warehouse
- The Manager, Warehouse and Logistics performs inventory control duties by receiving, inspecting, documenting, and recording all materials received and maintains inventory of commonly used items, ships and/or delivers material to job sites and/or crews as applicable and works closely with internal and external customers as a customer service point.
- The incumbent will train and mentor warehouse coordinator(s), ensure compliance with all process, procedures and policies and ensure the security of the warehouse is met at all times.
- Coordinates receiving, documentation, storage, and shipping of materials.
- Checks freight bills and purchase orders against the physical shipment, inspects shipments to ensure all contents are contained and no damage has occurred during shipment, and contacts vendor if a discrepancy is identified.
- Coordinates offloads of shipments.
- Inventories receipts against purchase orders and shipping documents. Files receipt documentation.
- Photographs damage to materials, documents overages and shortages and tags materials with purchase orders.
- Maintains a shipping/receiving log with daily entries.
- Places materials in proper areas according to storage and handling lists; initiates storage change forms and documents new storage locations.
- Cleans, organizes, and maintains warehouse assuring that all inventories are stored securely and
- Prepares and issues materials to crews as indicated on work orders through outside logistic company vendors.
- Makes deliveries to work sites as directed by supervisor via company vehicle (towing trailer if applicable)
- Writes specifications for new purchases, obtains quotes, selects best choice and obtains approval for purchases.
- Transfers inventory shipments via Oracle
- Codes inventory transfers to proper accounts or projects and tasks
- Logs inventory receipts via Oracle
- Manages warehouse coordinator to ensure performance meets all levels of required job performance
- Oversees all functions of shipping, receiving, and maintaining inventory control
- Performs weekly cycle counts and bi- annual physical inventories to verify inventory counts
- Supports warehouse and purchasing manager, buyers, operations and redevelopment personnel with knowledge of inventory shipping trends and timely inventory order requisitions
- Assists in training and development of new employees in various functional departments of the company, for the purpose of learning to complete the inventory order form.
- The employee shall comply with the provisions of health, safety and environment legislation in Nigeria, and shall also comply with COMPANY’s policies and procedures including occupational health and safety and wellness policies, and any modifications to any policy that may be introduced from time to time.
- All employees must live COMPANYs Core Principles and work proactively in a customer-related way in accordance with adopted procedures and best practice.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues and external stakeholders to promote COMPANY’s overall business objectives.
- To ensure that confidentiality is respected and maintained at all times.
- To perform any other duty as directed by line management.
- Supervise and manage the performance of direct reports
- Proactively identify and resolve personnel issues in conjunction with Human Resources
- Recruit, develop and retain staff, partnering with Sr. Management and Human Resources. This includes on-boarding and orientation for new hires.
- Provide disciplined performance management for team. Define and communicate annual goals, perform formal and informal performance reviews, and ensure changes and updates are communicated in a timely and professional manner.
- Create strong collaborative team environment.
Functional Experience and Competencies
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Basic knowledge of Health and Safety requirements within the Telecommunications industry.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record to operate a company vehicle
- Ability to operate a forklift preferred
- Excellent process creation and implementation skills
- Ability to work in a high volume time sensitive environment.
- Strong computer skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong relationship-development skills resulting in long term mutually beneficial client relationships.
- Self motivated; Able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests, as well as collaborating with others to utilize resources and knowledge of others in identifying quality solutions.
- Strong organization, planning and project management skills; ability to prioritize tasks for both self and team to meet business requirements and deadlines.
- Strong leadership skills; Ability to drive and motivate team to achieve results within the department.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive and high volume environment
- Ability to drive work both independently toward the successful attainment of department goals and project completion dates, and as part of a team to leverage input and knowledge base of others within the company in providing well rounded and thoughtful information and solutions
- Ability to identify key contacts for follow up; excellent ability to communicate project and status updates to team and cross-functionally to ensure understanding.
- Good strategic and problem solving skills to effectively influence decision making in key negotiations.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Admin, Logistics or Accounting
- Professional Certificate in Logistics and Inventory Management.
- Three (3) years experience material control
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Approximately 25% external, on-site, outdoors, exposed to the elements of nature working under normal construction conditions.
- Approximately 75% internal warehouse environment working under normal warehouse conditions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and finger to feel and handle; reach with arms and hands; talk and hear.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, and crouch; lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
- We are a dynamic organization in a rapidly changing industry. Accordingly, the responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company’s business needs.
- More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
- The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
- The incumbent must be flexible as there may be workweeks that require more than 40 hours to ensure the positions expectations and responsibilities are met.
The CV should contain:
- Your current earning information and your DOB.
- Your contact details should contain active phone numbers and email addresses.
- Review your CV every time you make a submission, one CV does not fit all jobs.
Note: Short listing is based on the requirements in the given job descriptions above such as; qualifications required, years of experience, technology and industry exposure. All candidates for this position MUST have relevant and required work experience, as specified in the job descriptions