Sigma Qualitas is a network of seasoned and experienced consultants, with several years work experience in large multinational organizations and the public sector, who have come together for the purpose of providing consultancy expertise and training to clients across various industries.
Head of Security
- The Head of Security is the most senior safety and security officer.
- The position has accountability for the protection of all Company owned assets which include our network of sites, our employees and the safety and security of expatriates both at the office and in residences.
- The Head of Security will oversee a team of Security Coordinators tasked with security the safety of employees and assets within their particular regions.
- In addition this position will coordinate and implement site security, operations, training and program activities.
- The Head of Security will liaise with various security agencies within Nigeria and abroad to stay abreast of all security and safety related issues and proactively notify the applicable parties and identify solutions to mitigate security risks to the Company and its employees.
- Identify, develop, draft, implement and sustain a plan identifying requirements, policies and standard operating procedures necessary to ensure the safety and security of employees and the protection of assets throughout Nigeria;
- Provide leadership, management, and accountability over all aspects of safety and security within Nigeria;
- Provide day-to-day supervision over Security Coordinators while encouraging and maintaining a team and “esprit de corps” work environment; conduct impartial employee skills and performance reviews;
- Identify technology solutions to augment security objectives;
- Identify and implement basic, recurrent and specialized training requirements and standards for Security Coordinators;
- Perform duties with the highest ethical and performance based standards; project these standards as an example of what is expected of all Security Coordinators and outsourced security vendors;
- Take ownership of responsibilities, but be collegial and collaborative in working with others whose areas may overlap or impact safety and security;
- Develop, draft, test and revise as necessary, contingency, emergency and continuation of operations plans in response to natural or man-made events;
- Remain vigilant to current and emerging threats that impact the safety and security of employees and assets;
- Maintain close and continuous relationships with local, regional and national law enforcement organizations which may provide safety and security related information and intelligence;
- Provide regular safety and security briefings to CEO and applicable parties;
- Perform other duties and assume other responsibilities as directed by the CEO.
- The employee shall comply with the provisions of health, safety and environment legislation in Nigeria, and shall also comply with COMPANY Nigeria’s policies and procedures including occupational health and safety and wellness policies, and any modifications to any policy that may be introduced from time to time.
- All employees must live Company's Core Principles and work proactively in a customer-related way in accordance with adopted procedures and best practice.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues and external stakeholders to promote COMPANY Nigeria's overall business objectives.
- To ensure that confidentiality is respected and maintained at all times.
- To perform any other duty as directed by line management.
- Supervise and manage the performance of direct reports
- Proactively identify and resolve personnel issues in conjunction with Human Resources
- Recruit, develop and retain staff, partnering with Sr. Management and Human Resources. This includes on-boarding and orientation for new hires.
- Provide disciplined performance management for team. Define and communicate annual goals, perform formal and informal performance reviews, and ensure changes and updates are communicated in a timely and professional manner.
- Create strong collaborative team environment.
Functional Experience and Competencies
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) skills
- Expert knowledge of Safety requirements within the Telecommunications industry.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Must have a valid driver's license and a clean driving record to operate a company vehicle
- Ability to operate a forklift preferred
- Excellent process creation and implementation skills
- Ability to work in a high volume time sensitive environment.
- Strong computer skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong relationship-development skills resulting in long term mutually beneficial client relationships.
- Self motivated; Able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests, as well as collaborating with others to utilize resources and knowledge of others in identifying quality solutions.
- Strong organization, planning and project management skills; ability to prioritize tasks for both self and team to meet business requirements and deadlines.
- Strong leadership skills; Ability to drive and motivate team to achieve results within the department.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive and high volume environment
- Ability to drive work both independently toward the successful attainment of department goals and project completion dates, and as part of a team to leverage input and knowledge base of others within the company in providing well rounded and thoughtful information and solutions
- Good strategic and problem solving skills to effectively influence decision making in key negotiations.
- Ability to supervise, mentor and manage employees, while enforcing standards and expectations of performance;
- Ability to display tact and diplomacy, particularly in dealings with vendors and employees;
- Ability to build relationships and create a team environment that engages all stake holders;
- Ability to quickly assume ownership of job description and promptly carry out position responsibilities;
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment;
- Ability to accomplish tasks efficiently, on time and accurately;
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance as well as within a team; and
- Ability to apply sound judgment and use discretion when dealing with sensitive information
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 10years (ten years’) experience in security operations;
- Experience, leading, developing and managing security operations in the telecommunications industry;
- Experience creating, drafting, and implementing safety, security, and response plans for a medium-sized organization in its developmental stages;
- Knowledge of security systems including, radios, cameras, alarms and access control;
- Experience managing security technology and contractors;
- Experience working with executive protection, anti-smuggling, guard forces and loss prevention;
- Experience in coordinating all aspects of facilities and operations security, including but not limited to security manpower, security technology, security policies and procedures, medical, safety, training, and continuity of operations.
- Approximately 60% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Approximately 30-40% travel may be required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use hands and finger to feel and handle; reach with arms and hands; talk and hear.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel, and crouch; lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
- We are a dynamic organization in a rapidly changing industry. Accordingly, the responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company’s business needs.
- More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
- The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
- Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
- The incumbent must be flexible as there may be workweeks that require more than 40 hours to ensure the positions expectations and responsibilities are met.