eHealth Africa is focused on improving healthcare by creating effective ways to implement reliable health information management systems. We have developed eHealth and mHealth solutions that can be rapidly deployed to manage patient information, streamline clinical procedures, and provide data and analysis on health program outcomes.
Project Team Member
Important: Position is contingent upon funding.
Summary: The Project Team Member (TM) completes specific functional tasks in the office and the field for assigned projects. Provides proactive support to other departmental/project staff. Delivers services with utmost professionalism and in a timely manner. The TM may progressively work cross-functionally within eHealth Africa’s project teams to support the organisation’s strategic goals. The TM consistently follows the “Super Seven” Team Member guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Communicates effectively with eHA team members and partnering organisations to establish trust and promote eHA’s core values of ethics and integrity
- Provides professional and effective leadership and coordination of all activities in the field with partnering organisations.
- Prepares all equipment, devices and materials for project use and/or field activities and ensures all equipment and devices are fully charged and activated for daily use.
- Ensures judicious use of all assigned equipment and materials, including safe transport to and from the field.
- Works closely with partnering organisations, providing specific training, guidance and coaching, as needed, to ensure successful outcomes towards assigned goals.
- Completes daily project and/or field reports by downloading and submitting data to the Project Coordinator.
- Identifies areas for improvement in project and/or field work and brings to the attention of Project Coordinator and Supervisor. As directed, ensures that appropriate corrective actions are taken in a timely manner, including review and update of eHA processes, materials and equipment. Assists in upgrading and installing new software.
- Responsible for performing any other duty assigned by Management
- May frequently travel between company worksites.
- Presents a professional demeanor at all times. Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
NOTE: Overtime and weekend work is highly possible and may be expected in order to perform the essential functions of the position. Hours fluctuate throughout the year with the busiest times during the summer months and seven-day workweeks highly possible. Requires ability to travel to job sites. Availability, willingness and flexibility to travel outside assigned site area for periods lasting as long as 3-4 days at a time. Such out-of-town travel may be necessary as often as every six weeks or eight times per year. Travel accommodations and per diem will be provided for out-of-town assignments.Overnight travel is necessary throughout Nigeria.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- High school diploma or equivalent with some college or technical school coursework.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution is preferred.
- Two years of job-related experience, preferably field work in a project management department, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, is preferred
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
Certifications and Licenses
- A Project Management (PMI) certification is preferred
- First Aid and Health & Safety qualifications desirable
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency working within specialized software utilized in program,
- English is the spoken and written language. Fluency in Hausa is required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.