eHealth Africa is focused on improving healthcare by creating effective ways to implement reliable health information management systems. We have developed eHealth and mHealth solutions that can be rapidly deployed to manage patient information, streamline clinical procedures, and provide data and analysis on health program outcomes.
The Data Analyst will primarily be responsible for collecting, compiling, interpreting, analyzing, and managing project/program specific data and generating related reports which measure projects and programs of eHealth Africa using specialized statistical computer software. S/he will work collaboratively with the research & evaluation team to prepare detailed reports to meet internal and external requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned:
- Offer timely analytical support in collecting, compiling, interpreting, and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data using standard practices & techniques; provide statistical support using Excel, SPSS, STATA, R or other specialized applications to validate data, perform statistical modeling, forecasting, and trend analysis.
- Responsible for providing support in maintaining a complete and accurate database of all project/program relevant data collected from working with various eHealth Africa (EHA) teams; including performing data entry, cleaning, analysis and interpretation of quantitative and qualitative data sets across all EHAs projects.
- Serve as support on projects that have a pre-dominant statistics component; working with the managers & coordinators to determine data requirements, select appropriate study designs, design data collection methods, interpret study results, write reports, present graphs, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring that all data is kept secure in compliance with EHAís policies and procedures regarding data security, data confidentiality, and data protection.
- Follow documented procedures so that reports are delivered consistently and correctly; maintain process documentation so that results are clear, complete, and up-to-date.
- Responsible for performing any other duty as assigned by management.
- May frequently travel between company worksites.
- Presents a professional demeanor at all times; approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
- Adheres to EHA general policies and procedures.
- Adheres to EHA Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
Bachelorís degree from college or university in Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, or Science-related field. Minimum of Three years of experience in data analysis, quantitative and qualitative research methods, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills, and great attention to detail. Must possess relevant technical expertise with recognized data analysis, monitoring, and evaluation methods, preferably in public health programs. Very strong report writing and problem solving skills. Must have the ability to manage conflicts and resolve problems effectively. Good learning ability. Action oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment.
Certifications and Licenses
First Aid and Health & Safety qualifications desirable.
Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite. Expert Proficiency working with specialized tools and applications used for creation of datasets, data cleaning, management & analysis, such as SAS, Stata, EpiInfo, SPSS, R, etc. including writing and executing queries, and managing complex databases.
English is the spoken and written language
Ability to read, analyze and interpret data, general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations