Voices for Change (V4C) is a, UK Aid funded, four year programme running from October 2013 to December 2017. The goal of V4C is to help transform social attitudes towards girls and women in Nigeria by working on specific individual, social and institutional changes. V4C will do this by operating at Federal level and in four States (Kano, Kaduna, Lagos, Enugu) to deliver five outputs.
V4Cís Vision is to be known and recognised for creating new ways to change behaviour, contributing to a Nigeria where every girl, boy, woman and man achieves their full potential. V4Cís Mission is to inspire a generation of new voices to speak up and speak out to empower young women to achieve their real potential. V4C will achieve this by:
- Creating space and opportunities for girls to grow.
- Getting the support of boys and men.
- Removing formal and informal barriers, or
- Influencing behaviours and laws / behavioural and legal change in Nigeria.
V4C has 6 core values, and for V4C to be a success, every V4C team member is expected to embrace the core values as a fundamental part of how they operate:
- Modelling gender equality
- Team spirit, courage and conviction
- Results driven
- Audience driven
Online Community Manager
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Online Community Manager, whose role it to manage our site. In particular the community managerís role is to ensure the success of the site, coordinating with content producers, members of the Every1Mobile or client team, and 3rd party advertisers to maintain a high quality online community. In your role as community manager, it will be your job to deliver the following:
- Work with content producers and the Project Manager to plan and commission the weekly content schedule for the site, including social media.
- Liaise with expert advisors to ensure the production of quality, reliable content & features on key issues
- Work with client managers to ensure site development and growth is aligned with programme targets, strategise and plan new features & campaigns
- Edit & sign off on content produced for the site, with a focus on feedback and improvement
- Review & analyse the ĎUser Generated Contentí in order to understand how users are engaging with the site and its topics
- Provide quality assurance for the site, including testing across a range of devices, collecting, collating and presenting user feedback for discussion in weekly community development meetings.
- Liaise with the Every1Mobile technical and user experience teams to report bugs, discuss improvements, and contribute to design briefs to create new features
- Contribute to improvement of our Content Management System in collaboration with E1M User Experience Designer & developers
- Review and analyse traffic & engagement stats, presenting these to the rest of the team on a monthly basis
- Work with the E1M team, clients and partners to develop strategies & plan campaigns for marketing & promotion of the site
- Work with content producer to produce compelling promotion & marketing copy that best represents the community and will attract users to the site
- Source and commission graphics for the site
- Maintain awareness of competitor sites
- Maintain awareness of key issues in field of gender based social norms
Required background & skills
- Experience in journalism and/or online media background with at least 3 yearsí experience working in an online/digital environment
- Ability to use Pidgen
- Demonstrable interest and/or experience in youth, gender and cultural issues & trends across Nigeria
- Experience analysing web traffic statistics
- Experience managing social media accounts to maximise traffic and improve brand presence
- Demonstrable, excellent standard of copy writing
- Creative and passionate about improving the site and reaching programme targets
- Good understanding of user experience design in an online environment
- Knowledge of Photoshop and manipulating images, audio & video for the web
- Experience working with technical developers
- Thorough & detail oriented
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Passion for supporting young people to make the most of their potential
- Ability to work autonomously
- V4C recognises the need to work as a ground breaking, high performing team. Effectiveness of every team member in 3 Core Competencies is fundamental to the success of this:
- Planning and Organising
- Technological Awareness