Voices for Change (V4C) is a, UK Aid funded, four year programme running from October 2013 to December 2017. The goal of V4C is to help transform social attitudes towards girls and women in Nigeria by working on specific individual, social and institutional changes. V4C will do this by operating at Federal level and in four States (Kano, Kaduna, Lagos, Enugu) to deliver five outputs.
V4Cís Vision is to be known and recognised for creating new ways to change behaviour, contributing to a Nigeria where every girl, boy, woman and man achieves their full potential. V4Cís Mission is to inspire a generation of new voices to speak up and speak out to empower young women to achieve their real potential. V4C will achieve this by:
- Creating space and opportunities for girls to grow.
- Getting the support of boys and men.
- Removing formal and informal barriers, or
- Influencing behaviours and laws / behavioural and legal change in Nigeria.
V4C has 6 core values, and for V4C to be a success, every V4C team member is expected to embrace the core values as a fundamental part of how they operate:
- Modelling gender equality
- Team spirit, courage and conviction
- Results driven
- Audience driven
Online Content Producer
- We have a fantastic opportunity for an online Content Producer, whose role is to plan, create and publish content on a site. In the role as content producer, it will be your job to deliver the following:
- Plan weekly content schedule for the site, based on user requests, gaps in content bank, and editorial strategy, with support of the Community Manager and Project Manager
- Plan weekly social media update schedule in line with content schedule for your site
- Research and write content according to your content schedule to a high standard, following editorial guidelines & processes
- Maintaining a consistent tone of voice and style across all products and platforms in line with siteís audience (Nigerian youth)
- Work closely with expert advisors where applicable to ensure publication of accurate and reliable content
- Research and subject matter trend analysis
- Write copy for promotional campaigns in line with editorial tone for your site and the activate the promotional campaign itself
- Publish content on your site and social media accounts using an online Content Management System
- Moderate & engage with User Generated Content
- Manage quality, test published content and fix typos, broken links & bugs
- Contribute to improvement of Content Management System in collaboration with E1M User Experience Designer & developers
- Maintain awareness of content produced by competitor publications
- Maintain awareness of key issues in field of gender based social norms
- Contribute to development and growth of your community in collaboration with Community Manager, Head of Content, based on user feedback, competitor activity, key issues in field of youth, gender & culture in Nigeria.
Required background & skills
- Experinece in journalism and/or online media background, with at least one yearsí experience working in an online/digital environment
- Ability to use Pidgen
- Interest and/or experience in youth issues, gender & culture in Nigeria
- Demonstrable, excellent standard of copy writing
- Thorough & detail oriented
- Good organisational skills
- Passion for supporting young people to make the most of their potential
- Ability to work autonomously
- Experience working online
- Knowledge of Photoshop and manipulating images for the web is desirable
V4C recognises the need to work as a ground breaking, high performing team. Effectiveness of every team member in 3 core competencies is fundamental to the success of the project and all applicants should be able to demonstrate compentencies in the following:
- Planning and Organising
- Technological Awareness