Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care. Our skilled health care professionals are dedicated to offering men, women, and teens high-quality, affordable medical care. One in five American women has chosen Planned Parenthood for health care at least once in her life.
The heart of Planned Parenthood is in the local community. Our 62 unique, locally governed affiliates nationwide operate approximately 700 health centers, which reflect the diverse needs of their communities.
These health centers provide a wide range of safe, reliable health care — and the majority is preventive, primary care, which helps prevent unintended pregnancies through contraception, reduce the spread of sexually transmitted infections through testing and treatment, and screen for cervical and other cancers. Caring physicians, nurse practitioners, and other staff take time to talk with clients, encouraging them to ask questions in an environment that millions have grown to trust.
Global Mobile Program Officer
Global Mobile is a project. begun in July 2014 that capitalizes on the convenience of mobile technology and leverages Planned Parenthood's significant online resources in order to increase access to sexual and reproductive health services for young people, especially girts. in developing countries. Planned Parenthood Global, the international division of Planned Parenthood Federation of America. is piloting this project in Nigeria and Ecuador in three distinct phases over an initial three-year period with the support of the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA). In Nigeria, Planned Parenthood Global plans to work with multiple partners, through a consortium model, including Planned Parenthood Federation of Nigeria and The Association of General Private Nursing Practitioners. among other partners, to achieve nationwide reach.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leads the continued implementation of the mHealth pilot project for Planned Parenthood Global with an emphasis on sustainability and working with our in-country partners.
- Acts s the point person for Global Mobile in Nigeria
- Conducts research to document project impact, works directly with partner organizations and service delivery clinics to track data on Global Mobile clients
- Engages with Marketing firm to ensure broad market each and penetration
- Tracks program specific indicators
- Documents strategies, tactics and initiatives for the mHealth pilot project.
- Adapt content and/or create where necessary, culturally relevant and age appropriate Sexual
- Reproductive Health information for the adolescents and youths mhealth platform in Nigeria.
- Tracks progress. makes timely decisions, and follows up on mHealth pilot project implementation
- Communicate frequently with project stakeholderswrite and present regular project status repots
- Maintain working relationships with the various partners and stakeholders
- Is supervised by the Country Director
- Significant, national service delivery andlor project management experience and a demonstrated commitment to women' humanrights including at least 4-6 years in sexual and reproductive health and rights program design, management. evaluation andlor project management
- Bachelor' degree required.
- Master' degree or equivalent in Public Health, Political Science.
- International Affairs or related discipline preferred.
- Knowledge in the area of mHealth, reproductive rights advocacy and service delivery is highly desirable.
- In-depth knowledge of Nigeria's health sector and key stakeholders in government, the private sector and international development community is essential
- Highly developed interpersonal skills ability to juggle multiple and often competing priorities from many organizations .
- Fluent oral and written communications skills in English required.
- Preference given to candidates who have demonstrable experience in managing social media properties (Facebook) and in writing and creating digital content to be posted online
- Robust understanding of program and policy design. project analysis, evaluation and support required
- Travel: 20% travel within Nigeria
Method of Application
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. Planned Parenthood of America does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, colo, religion, sex, national origin. age, disability, veteran status, marital status. sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Planned Parenthood Federation of Amelic is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus. and innovation.
To Apply, send the under-listed documents by email with the subject "Application for Global Mobile Program Officer" on/before Tuesday, May 26 2015.
- Cover Letter st~ting your suitability for the position advertised and
- Three (3) professional referees with email and elephone contact details.