The Board of Trustees and the Governing Council of Mountain Top University (MTU) invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for the posts of Registrar, Bursar and University Librarian in the University.
MTU is a new private university in Nigeria, with tremendous promise to be one of the leading universities in Africa within the next few years. The Proprietor of the University is the Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries (MFM) MTU is envisioned as "a dynamic centre of academic excellence in the liberal tradition for the production of top-rate, morally sound graduates of distinction who will be globally competitive for outstanding impact on the Nigerian societal and global development". Its mission is the provision of excellent facilities for the training of men and women in various academic, professional and vocational disciplines in an atmosphere that will enhance the simultaneous development of their spiritual, mentaland physical faculties, in order to produce morally upright and academically sound graduates with specialized skills and value systems, who will be independent, invariably self-employable and who will be able to impact positively on the development (be
it in leadership, academic, public and the industrial sectors) of their communities, the Nigerian society and the global community at large.
The Governing Council of the University is desirous to recruit visionary and dynamic individuals to constitute an excellent team of principal officers for the Mountain Top University. Applications are therefore invited from suitably qualified candidates for the positions of Registrar, Bursar and University Librarian .
The Registrar shall be the Head of the Registry Department of the university and shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administrative activities of the university except as regards those for which the Bursar is responsible. He/She shall be Secretary to Council, Senate and Congregation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- The candidate must possess a good honours degree (not below Second Class) and a Masters Degree with at least fifteen (15) years post-qualification administrative or professional experience, with a minimum of ten years at the senior management level.
- Preference will be given to candidates holding the position of Deputy Registrar in a university or comparable institution.
SPECIFICALLY, THE INTERESTED CANDIDATE IS EXPECTED TO:
- Be a person with good leadership qualities who can inspire, motivate and mentor a crop of young administrative officers to be able to contribute their best towards the development of the University;
- Be a person of high integrity and moral standards, who appreciates and who acts on merit;
- Be a person who enjoys excellent physical and mental health;
- Be focused, innovative and a good team player;
- Be computer literate.
The Bursar shall be the Head of the Finance Department of the university. He/She shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day financial administration ofthe University.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Candidate must possess a good honours degree in Accounting (not below Second Class) or related discipline as well as professionally-recoqnised Accountancy qualification, e.g. ACMA, ACA, CPA, and ACCA. Possession of higher degree will be an advantage.
- The candidate should have, at least, fifteen (15) years post-honours degree experience and ten (10) years
- post-professional qualification(s) experience. In addition, the candidate must have at least ten (10) years relevant experience in a senior management position.
- Preference will be given to candidates holding the position of Deputy Bursar in a university or comparable institution.
- The candidate must have clean and impeccable professional records of service and demonstrate evidence of professional competence with a high degree of accountability, transparency and probity.
- Applicant should be highly computer literate and be conversant with the application of ICT-based accounting packages.
The University Librarian shall be the academic head of the University Library. He/She shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the development of the University library system including the Main Library, College and Departmental libraries.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Candidate should possess a good honours degree (not below Second Class) and a Doctorate in Library science or related discipline (This is an academic post of professorial ranking hence the need for the candidate to hold the PhD degree).
- In addition, the candidate should have at least 15 years post-graduate experience, 10 years of which should be in Senior Management position in the University.
- Preference will be given to candidates holding the position of Deputy Librarian in a university or comparable institution.
- Candidates must also show evidence of considerable scholarship and thorough understanding of the application of new technologies to library operations and services.
- Computer literacy and knowledge of the application of ICT in library services are essential requirements.
- In addition, candidates must show sufficient evidence of contributions to knowledge through research and scholarly publications in reputable journals within and outside Nigeria, competence in job planning, organization and ability to take initiatives to fast-track the development of a young University Library to an international standard within a short period of time.
Method of Application
Salary and Conditions of Service
The successful applicant will be placed on the consolidated salary and will enjoy all the approved benefits and allowances normally attached to the position of principal officers in the Nigerian University System. He/she shall also enjoy other benefits/entitlements that may be approved by the Governing Council from time to time.
Each applicant should forward twenty (20) duly-signed copies of his/her application with detailed curriculum vitae written in the following order:
1. Name in full
2. Place and Date of Birth
4. State of Origin
5. Marital Status
6. Permanent Home Address
7. Current Postal Address
8. Number and Ages of Children
9. Degrees (including dates and institutions)
10. Any other qualifications and distinctions
11. Statement of experience, including full details of former and present posts and current salary
12. List of publications with names of journals and dates
13. Other activities outside current employment
14. Names and Addresses of the three (3) Referees
15. Proposed date of availability if appointed.
The applicant should also include photocopies of all credentials. Applicants are requested to inform their referees to send confidential reports on them in sealed envelopes marked "Referee's Report" at the left-hand corner of the envelope directly to the Chairman, Board of Trustees.
All applications should be addressed to:
Board of Trustees,
Mountain Top University,
Central Administration Building,
Beside MFM Prayer City,
Kilometre 12, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway,
Ogun State, Nigeria.