The MacTay Group is recruiting on behalf of one of our clients, a food catering equipment supplier that has built on its reputation as one of Southern Africa’s leading supplier of kitchen utensils, industrial cookware and commercial kitchen appliances and is looking to expand in the Nigerian market.
Finance and Admin Manager
OBJECTIVE OF THE JOB
This position is responsible for the hands-on and day-to-day management of all Company Financial and Administrative functions and the incumbent would ideally have the ability to be able to under-study the GM with regards to overall operational leadership of the business. Responsibility for maintaining financial, accounting, administrative and personnel services with an understanding of warehousing, operations and sales expectations.
The job represents a balanced financial management effort with a willingness to become involved in all day-to-day operational activities as a secondary level of involvement within the business.
- Responsible to fully familiarize yourself with all company policies and procedures.
- Attend meetings, conferences, trainings and seminars if and when needed.
- Responsible for all aspects of data collation and capture in order to be responsible for preparing financial statements, maintaining cash controls, preparing the payroll and personnel administration, purchasing, maintaining accounts payable and receivable and managing office and warehousing according to statutory, legislative and Shareholder requirements.
- Main Activities – Administering & Monitoring Financial System;
- Ensure data is captured daily into the system
- Ensure cheques and payments on all accounts/payments due are timeously prepared and submitted to GM for authorization prior to payment being actioned
- Ensure daily transactions are properly recorded, as per SOPs’; and entered into the accounting system
- Assist with the preparation of the financial budget and once implemented, assist with the monitoring of actual versus budget performance and report monthly on variances
- Review and suggest alterations, where required to financial policies and procedures – in conjunction with Company Auditors and GM
- Establish and maintain cash controls and monitor cash reserves and investments on an on-going basis
- Establish Supplier accounts where necessary, process Supplier invoices for payments and maintain the purchase
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATION, QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- Relevant B Degree – eg BCom Accounting – plus registration with ICAN either “in view”, or preferably already registered.
- Drivers Licence
- Advanced knowledge of MSOffice and applicable programmes
- Understanding of ERP Systems – preferably QuickBooks/SAP/Pastel
- Good communicator with attention to detail
- Experience working within a National/Multi-national Corporate environment (Highly desirable)
- Exposure to, and good understanding of; Warehousing, Logistics and Customer-relationship/Sales operational requirements (Highly desirable)
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE (Minimum)
- 5 – 7 years direct work experience in a similar capacity in the same or similar industries.
- 3 – 5 years strategic Leadership - ability to lead with regards to proposals/recommendations and Staff.
- 5+ years business acumen and good understanding of business processes, functions and reporting systems
SKILLS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Strong work ethic, good time-management
- Energetic and passionate about their chosen career
- Enthusiastic individual willing to take on extra responsibility and immerse themselves in the job
- Time-line and outcomes driven
- Team player
- Ability to contribute to setting and managing budgets
- Highly effective in building and maintaining external and internal relationships
- Superior Critical Thinking and Problem Solving skills - resourceful at achieving objectives/ results despite obstacles. Able to sort through complex data to identify the core issues and develop a plan of action to resolve them.
- Strong communication and influence skills – clear, concise, and persuasive in style.
- Energized by an entrepreneurial environment – not afraid to do things themselves to get things done. Comfortable making decisions with limited information and resources. Self reliant/proactive and has a pioneering spirit. Takes initiative and follows-through on commitments to achieve results.
- Analytical skills - ability to convert data and basic information into insights and actionable plans.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Professional judgment and discretion that comes from years of experience in the field
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges - financial
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Ability to remain calm and focused under pressure
- Flexibility to work in a changing, fast-paced environment
- Ability to think in terms of business outcomes / results
- Ability to plan, prioritize, coordinate and manage multiple, and often conflicting initiatives
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and external stakeholders
- High accuracy levels and strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills for engaging at a senior level.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Able to work individually and as part of a team