ntels Nigeria Limited provides comprehensive integrated logistics services for the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry. The organization has 30 years of experience in port management and support services in shore bases across Nigeria.
Intels Nigeria Limited’s vision is to offer tailor-made logistics solutions to the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry by:
- Leading the industry as a core services provider through its skill, efficiency, integrity and quality of service;
- Commercially utilizing the opportunities derived from its expertise in logistics management and applying the “One-Stop-Shop” solution to its provision of serviced commercial ports and port infrastructure to optimize profitability;
- Facilitating engagement with, and sustained development of communities and maintaining a healthy and cooperative partnership with government.
For more information about Intels Services you can visit our website: www.intelservices.com
We are looking for an experienced Project Consultant/Manager who will focus on transformation and delivery, to manage the
successful end-to-end delivery, coordination and implementation of a portfolio of projects to achieve benefits that are strategically important. Assist with assessment and evaluation of existing processes and recommend sustainable improvements to deliver business solutions that will create efficiencies in order to reduce risk, time, and cost and improve customer service.
Project Definition and Planning Activities
- Define scope and plan the project and agree structure and deliverables according to the Project Methodology.
- Prepare and agree detailed project/sub project responsibilities with the Project Sponsor and or Project Owner.
- Ensure all such investment is well funded and that the senior management are aware of their responsibilities in achieving the successful delivery of the associated projects
- Agree resource requirements for the Project with the Project Sponsor and or Project owner and secure them from available project resources or by outsourcing contractors.
- Prepare a quality plan for each project that outlines the overall approach to quality, identify the standards to be employed and/or developed in the preparation of all projects and or service plans for the process of quality assurance, review and control.
- Ensure that the project concepts developed are in alignment with the Business and Process enterprise architecture.
- Calculate the project benefits
- Complete all project/programme plans in a way that ensures compliance with ISO standards, policies, procedures, methodologies, standards, templates, etc.
- Establish and maintain the correct structures to control and monitor the initiation, progress and delivery of the project or comply with the correct structures set up by the Programme Manager to control and monitor the initiation, progress and delivery of the project.
- Actively participate in all phases and activities of the project and provide specialist guidance to the project team, particularly in project definition, requirements analysis, business and technical design and change control activities.
Project Management Activities
- Manage all elements of project execution namely timelines, actions, status reporting, status meetings, deliverables, risks and issues, expenditures, forecast of costs, cash flow, timescales and resource requirements etc. as detailed in the project methodology and training.
- Manage the activities of the project-team members, as well as line role-players and subject-matter experts assigned to the project
- Co-ordinate the work of the project team by allocating tasks, monitoring progress, ensuring awareness of responsibilities and securing commitment to successful project delivery.
- Comply with the appropriate structures established and maintained by the Programme Manager, to ensure the delivery of projects.
- Write presentations and reports for various stakeholders to keep them informed of progress and status of the project i.e., Executive Leadership, Management Meetings, Monthly Status reporting and present them to the relative audience as may be required.
- Manage relationships with line role players, business sponsors and –owners.
- Manage and run the routine project meetings i.e., team, vendor, testers, to ensure agendas are adhered to, actions agreed, owners assigned and thereafter recorded in project plans, reports and minutes.
- Identify and manage all programme/project issues and risks including their mitigating actions, owners, appropriate escalation and contingency management.
- Prepare and maintain detailed and accurate project and resource plans, with current estimates for activity completion.
- Monitor and control the use of resources and funds against the original budget or, where appropriate the latest allocation. Gain agreement Project Sponsor and or Programme Manager for all changes to the project as necessary.
- Within the context of a Programme, confirm any plans for the external procurement of any resource/s and services with the Programme Manager in order to gain approval for the use thereof.
- Manage the process of procuring the external supply of resource and services, and lead the negotiation of major contracts with external suppliers.
- Establish an agreed audit plan to monitor progress on a regular basis and to audit quality, as and when appropriate, throughout the life of the contract.
- Ensure that all tasks that are carried out comply with departmental procedures, mandatory quality standards and agreed architectural framework
Staff Management Activities
- Agree resource plans with the Programme Manager (programme) or Sponsor and manage the recruitment of staff, contractors and external consultants, as appropriate
- Ensure that staff, where appropriate, are adequately trained and prepared for implementation of the solution, and that the operational handover is well planned and managed, without any adverse effect on existing systems and processes, and that all SLA commitments are fully achievable.
- Review and quality-assure the project team deliverables (business analysis & design)
- Guide, mentor and lead the business analysis and design activities, and provide conceptual thought leadership to develop the project team and ensure success of project delivery. Improve the project team member’s business analysis and design skills through ongoing mentoring and coaching.
- Act as a task manager for Implementation Managers and Consultants, where needed based on the project plan for rollout and implementation.
We will welcome applications from both Nigerian Nationals and Expatiriates. Details of the expatriate package will be disclosed to candidates following successful shortlisting for the position.
If you would like to apply for the position please send your CV and Covering Letter
Desired Skills and Experience
Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications
- Appropriate professional accreditation in Programme and or Project Management e.g. Prince2, Managing Successful Programmes (MSP), PMP - PMBOK certification)
- Exposure to governance, control and risk management
- Proven ability to effectively work across teams at all levels
- Ability to negotiate/influence at senior level
- Proven ability to manage direct reports: leadership, motivation, coaching and people development.
- Proven business analysis and redesign skills - ability to mentor and quality assure the deliverables of the project team.
- An appropriate university degree
- Minimum 2 - 5 years Supply Chain Logistics working experience
- Ideally: 2-3 years direct experience in managing successful business change projects
- Project Management experience gained in a complex environment
- Solid experience in business analysis & design (especially process and organizational analysis & design)
- Business Process Models (e.g. Six Sigma, Black Belt etc.) (Ability to apply appropriate
statistical research) – Process
- Proven Project Management and Change Management skills and expertise
- Experience of employing change management best Practices and disciplines.
- Experience of managing activity across the whole of a project lifecycle, using current technology, structured methods and a quality process (e.g., PMP method, Prince2, etc.
- MS Office Advanced