Pernod Ricard is the world’s co-leader in wines and spirits with consolidated sales of € 7,945 million in 2013/14.
Created in 1975 by the merger of Ricard and Pernod, the Group has undergone sustained development, based on both organic growth and acquisitions: Seagram (2001), Allied Domecq (2005) and Vin & Sprit (2008).
Pernod Ricard holds one of the most prestigious brand portfolios in the sector: ABSOLUT Vodka, Ricard pastis, Ballantine’s, Chivas Regal, Royal Salute and The Glenlivet Scotch whiskies, Jameson Irish whiskey, Martell cognac, Havana Club rum, Beefeater gin, Kahlúa and Malibu liqueurs, G.H.Mumm and Perrier-Jouët champagnes, as well as Jacob’s Creek, Brancott Estate, Campo Viejo and Graffigna wines.
Pernod Ricard employs a workforce of nearly 18 800 people and operates through a decentralised organisation, with 6 “Brand Companies” and 80 “Market Companies” established in each key market.
Pernod Ricard is strongly committed to a sustainable development policy and encourages responsible consumption.
Pernod Ricard’s strategy and ambition are based on 3 key values that guide its expansion: entrepreneurial spirit, mutual trust and a strong sense of ethics.
Business Relationship Manager (BRM)
The Business Relationship Manager (BRM) is accountable for the delivery of all technology services to Pernod Ricard Nigeria (PRN).
The BRM will define the demand for IT services in line with the Pernod Ricard Global Bi Modal IT Strategy for the PRN.
Incumbent will be responsible to support the delivery of consistent end-to-end IT services, in line with the Business IT budget. They will do this through management of the portfolio of projects and service levels with internal global and regional delivery teams and external 3rd party service providers.
The role reports to the local Chief Financial Officer but has a strong functional reporting line to the IT Director for Sub Saharan Africa and ultimately holds the final responsible to increase the value realized from IT assets, investments, and capabilities in Nigeria.
Strategic Alignment (10%)
- Ensures Pernod Ricard Nigeria’s needs are represented in the long term vision of regional and global platform technologies and solutions
- Communicate IT roadmap for Pernod Ricard Nigeria to all relevant role players.
Demand Management (10%)
- Identify document and communicate key strategic business and functional requirements of Pernod Ricard Nigeria taking cognisance of IT regional and global strategic intent
- Liaise extensively with all relevant internal and external service providers in ensuring requirements are contracted
Portfolio Management – Projects (40%)
- Own the delivery of IT solutions as the champion of IT for Pernod Ricard Nigeria
- In so doing provide consultative services through:
- Accurate analysis of business requirements and how these can be satisfied through available solutions.
- Relevant documentation and communication of these systems requirements to all parties responsible for delivery of the solution
- Project Management the delivery of the relevant solution.
Portfolio Management - Service Delivery (20%)
- Through close alignment with Internal and External technology providers ensure the operational day to day IT operations of Pernod Ricard Nigeria is effectively delivered
- Champion and drive relevant regional and global solutions which will benefit Pernod Ricard Nigeria
- Ensure Pernod Ricard Nigeria meet the internal and external audit requirements for relevant IT policies and procedures.
Financial Management (10%)
- Ensure accurate Information Technology budgets are established for Pernod Ricard Nigeria and that these budgets are continuously monitored
- Ensures new/unplanned initiatives are raised and agreed before implementation
- Provides insight and transparency to IT service costs
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or Computer Science discipline: Master's degree is an advantage
- Strong technical background in ERP implementation and management (Microsoft Navision advantageous)
- Strong Technical background in sales force enablement and automation (salesforce.com advantageous)
- Solid understanding of IT operations and relevant frameworks (COBIT. ITIL etc)
- Demonstrated management of third party service providers
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of trust and confidence
- Experience in working with global teams, projects and implementations
- Demonstrated ability to manage through constructive conflict to deliver positive outcomes. Comfort with asking challenging and difficult questions to business and functional leaders.
- Ability to translate process, data, and technology concepts into business terms.
- Ability to move frequently between high-level strategic view to a tactical view.
- Proactively manages customer expectations
- Financial acumen. Ability to manage the creation and delivery of IT budgets. Working knowledge of NPV, ROGI, etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project)