Pernod Ricard is the world’s co-leader in wines and spirits with consolidated sales of € 7,945 million in 2013/14.
Created in 1975 by the merger of Ricard and Pernod, the Group has undergone sustained development, based on both organic growth and acquisitions: Seagram (2001), Allied Domecq (2005) and Vin & Sprit (2008).
Pernod Ricard holds one of the most prestigious brand portfolios in the sector: ABSOLUT Vodka, Ricard pastis, Ballantine’s, Chivas Regal, Royal Salute and The Glenlivet Scotch whiskies, Jameson Irish whiskey, Martell cognac, Havana Club rum, Beefeater gin, Kahlúa and Malibu liqueurs, G.H.Mumm and Perrier-Jouët champagnes, as well as Jacob’s Creek, Brancott Estate, Campo Viejo and Graffigna wines.
Pernod Ricard employs a workforce of nearly 18 800 people and operates through a decentralised organisation, with 6 “Brand Companies” and 80 “Market Companies” established in each key market.
Pernod Ricard is strongly committed to a sustainable development policy and encourages responsible consumption.
Pernod Ricard’s strategy and ambition are based on 3 key values that guide its expansion: entrepreneurial spirit, mutual trust and a strong sense of ethics.
Inbound Logistics and Customer Services Manager
Manages the effective distribution of the Company’s products according to sales plan and inventory management in the warehouse and service to customers.
JOB SCOPE AND CONTEXT:
Office and warehouse based
Deals with a variety of stakeholders
Performance Indicators (KPI)
1. Distribution Management
A. Manage goods flow to customers.
- SPOC for 3P distribution agents/transporters.
- Supervising the cost, quality, quantity, and good efficiency of the storage and movement of goods.
- Controlling and coordinating the order phase and colligated information systems.
- Establishing and implementing business strategies, plans, and objectives relating to distribution
- Analyzing information to monitor plan performance improvements and product and goods demand.
- Managing and allocating staff resources accordant with changing needs. Managing and allocating employee and financial resources.
- Implementing and supporting programs and policies of organization.
- Analyzing logistical problems, developing new solutions and increasing business growth by winning new contracts.
- Negotiating with warehouse operators, insurance company representatives, and carrier for preferential rates and services.
- Implementing safety and health procedures among transport staff.
- Evaluating the inventory costs and freight costs associated with transportation to ensure appropriate costs
2. Customer Order Management
A. Manage export process
- Export orders managed
- Shipments arranged according to agreed Incoterm
- Freight is controlled and monitored
- Local regulations followed
- Current price list available to the customers
- Price changes uploaded to the system and communicated
- Improvements and best practices implemented
3. Stock Management
A. Manage procurement process
- Estimated sales forecast provided
- Stock orders managed
- PRN stock policy followed
- Improvements and best practices implemented
4. Manage warehouse stock
- Stock level optimised through product classification and monitoring of slow moving stock
- VAP’s and POS stock managed
- Goods received, stored and loaded according to agreed criteria
- SLA’s with warehouses negotiated and implemented
- Stock takes completed according to internal policy (supervised when necessary)
- Monthly reporting on stock levels provided showing evolution of stock by category
- Improvements and best practices implementation.
- Lead the full S&OP process internally and external to optimise inventory to meet business objectives.
4. Productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders maintained
A. Develop a collaborative relationship with Sales and Marketing
- POS availability and distribution according to plan.
- Sales kept informed of pending orders
- Sales forecasts refinement
- Sales & marketing assisted with VAP’s needs management
- Customer relationships managed effectively
- Customers receive accurate sales forecasts and stock level reporting
B. Liaise with Finance
- Management/safekeeping of documents for declarations transmitted
- Required registrations for the company made and/ or renewed
C. Negotiate with transport and freight suppliers
- Tenders implemented when necessary
- Global rates negotiated
- SLA’s negotiated and implementation
5. Budget managed effectively
A. Manage costs against approved budget
- Provide support for finance in the annual budgets and periodic forecast processes in areas relating to distribution.
- Potential areas of saving and optimisation highlighted
- Expenditure aligns with budget
- Meaningful variance analysis reports provided
- Bottom line results optimised
- Guidelines on the T&E policy followed
This job description is a broad reflection of the role and does not attempt to capture all specifics of the position. There may be variations within the same roles due to seniority or regional differences
Desired Skills and Experience
Degree in Logistics Management, Supply Chain Management or Warehousing and Distribution Systems
5 years logistics management experience with hands on experience in warehouse, transport and distribution management. 3 years inclusive management of these roles is an added bonus.
Functional and Technical Competencies:
Forecasting, Freight Management, Import/ Export Procedure, Warehouse/ delivery, Pipeline Concept & Operations, FGI/ SKU Management, IT, Company & Product Knowledge, Operational Policy & Procedures
Effective Decision Making, Planning and Organising, Team Work, Communication, Technical Expertise, Big Picture Thinking, Change Management, Making Things Happen, Initiative
Strategic Vision, Entrepreneurship, Result Orientation, Live the Values, Team Management