Asset & Resource Management Company (ARM) Limited was established in 1994, and has evolved into a leading asset management firm in Nigeria with a focus on asset management across a broad asset class.
At ARM, our people are our main asset, and the quality of advice and solutions that they provide is the underlying reason that we are able to build and sustain lasting relationships. The quality and breadth of our client base speaks to the quality of our people.
Market and Investment Opportunity Analysis
- Conducts research on Fund target sectors, countries, projects, etc, as appropriate, to support Fund Management Team decision-making regarding dealflow development and prioritisation.
- Prepares regular reports on the status of dealflow development, which show which deals are in the pipeline, the types and sizes of deals, their stage of advancement, their location, information on co-sponsors/counterparties, the Fundís interest, etc.
- Assists with the coordination of, and fully participates in, the due diligence of investment targets, providing advanced analytical, deal-structuring, financial modelling, valuation, research, negotiation, and other transaction support as required.
- Assists with the preparation of documentation required in line with the Fund investment process, to support submissions to and securing of and approvals from, the Managing Director/CEO, the Investment Committee, and the Fund Advisory Board, for the closing of investment transactions.
- Complies strictly with the Fund investment process in all its respects, and raises early warning of any deviations from laid-down processes and procedures in this regard.
Due Diligence and Post-completion Monitoring
- Conducts advanced financial and operational performance analyses of portfolio companies post deal completion, to track performance against operational and investment returns targets, and to provide early warning of material deviations from expectations. This may include but not be limited to:
- Assisting portfolio companies in the development of business plans and budgets;
- Attending Board meetings of investee companies if designated to serve on such boards;
- Preparing reports on the status and performance of investments;∑
- Financial modelling, sensitivity, and scenario analysis
- Identifying value creation opportunities for portfolio companies, and making recommendations in that regard to the Fund Management Team.
- Monitors portfolio companiesí adherence to Fund and other pertinent policies, processes, and procedures, and coordinates compliance with Fund reporting requirements with such companies as appropriate
Internal Process and Cost Management
- Complies administrative internal control process and procedures, and supports the wider Fund Management Team to ensure similar compliance throughout the team.
- Assists with the development of business plans and budgets for the Fund, the Fund Management Company, and projects as appropriate, including providing financial modelling and other support.
- Prepares and/or supports the preparation of internal reports on actual performance against business plans and budget, for review by the Managing Director/CEO and Chief Investment Officer.
- Compiles with project budgets as approved.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Accounting qualification, relevant degree, MBA, or equivalent.
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in investment management and financing, preferably in a financial services environment, or in project development in an infrastructure environment.
- Advance skills in Exceland other financial modeling tools
- Excellent knowledge of financial markets and instruments
- Good working knowledge of key commercial statutes and regulation (Tax, Companies Act).