Jumia is the largest e-commerce mall in Africa with over 100,000 unique visitors a day, buying everything from Fashion to Phones.Founded in 2012 in Nigeria, Jumia's mission is to revolutionize the concept of shopping by providing customers with the best online shopping experience.
Jumia is part of Africa Internet Group, a leading global incubator of startups specialised in e-commerce. Africa Internet Group is Africa's leading internet firm, with already over 3,000 employees in over 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia.com, Kaymu.com, Hellofood.com, Lamudi.com, Carmudi.com and Jovago.com. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN , Millicom and Rocket Internet .
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Africa Internet Group steps in.
We are currently looking for talented people to join our team and embark on an exciting journey in the core of business development and entrepreneurship.
Head Of SEO
Introduction to the role
The SEO Manager will:
- Deploy new strategies, processes and tactics to improve Jumia's organic search results
- Address the current Jumia domain and help aid the content strategy team and web development team in setting pages up for success
- Leverage current tools and best practices to maximize engagement and support demand generation efforts
- Evaluate and report on activity and results to help guide refinements and further optimization
- Apply top to bottom management of SEO both on-page and off-page, including development of campaigns, meta tags, URL structure, page construction, SEO-friendly content, creating target keyword lists, building links, etc.
- Review and analyze sites to diagnose and solve SEO problems and enhance areas that need to be improved, deleted or be revised, including micro-sites, gated content landing pages, and all property sites.
- Help to inform approach to KPIs and prepare detailed monthly strategy reports using measurement from our SEO tools; Majestic SEO, SEOMoz, Lindex, Google Analytics, WebMaster Tools...
- Work pro-actively with demand gen and web teams to insure proper launch and campaign reinforcement to achieve desired outcomes.
- Ensure performance of sites by optimizing content, metadata structures, mobile protocols, CTAs, and correct integration of other content sources such as blogs and social to maximize the power of our digital marketing efforts.
- Help to devise an off-page SEO content strategy with content and brand copy teams to grow reach
- Consult with web designers to improve the navigation and structure of site and pages to enhance its search engine ranking
- Stay abreast to the latest in the algorithm changes and cross-search engine providers to keep
- Jumia in keeping with best practices and latest SEO strategies
- Determine strategic keyword and campaign adjustments based on the evaluation of site traffic, landing page behaviors, content, UX design, and customer personas (user intent)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in Web Optimization, Insights/Analytics, and Digital Marketing - with concentration in SEO
- Understanding of software or technology industry is a plus
- Practical web experience and basic web design and development knowledge (HTML, CSS) is a plus
- Experience using SEO tools for measurement and performance is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flawless attention to detail, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize, perform and lead in a fast pace, start-up like environment
- Ability to build strong relationships with client and internal team members