|May 20, 2015
|Advertising Agencies Of Nigeria (AAAN)
|Account/Finance Executive At Association Of Advertising Agencies Of Nigeria (AAAN)
The Association was founded in 1973 as a sectoral body within the Nigerian marketing communications landscape and has become a force to be reckoned with both locally and internationally. Formerly known as Association of Advertising Practitioners of Nigeria (AAPN), the Association formally changed its name from Association of Advertising Practitioners of Nigeria (AAPN) to Association of Advertising Agencies of Nigeria (AAAN) on Saturday May 1st, 2004 at Lekki Peninsula Resort, Ajah, Lagos during its 31st AGM/Congress AAAN is the umbrella body that coordinates and promotes the interest of Advertising Agencies in Nigeria.
Reports to: This role reports to the Executive Director.
Supervises: Interns, Volunteers & Contract Employees
Department/unit: Finance Department
Purpose of the Job
- The purpose of this job is to ensure accurate Status of Account Payables, Bank Accounts and Inventory to provide information which assist management in decision making.
Scope of Role
- Reconciliation of Account Payables
- Preparation of Bank Reconciliation Statement
- Inventory Management
Within the Association:
- All Heads of Department
- AAAN Committees
Outside the Association:
- Member Agencies
- Banks and Financial Institutions
- Other Sectorial bodies in the industry
- Third party Media suppliers
Key Performance Areas
- Cash flow & credit management in line appropriate volume of business
- Liaison Officer with Banks. Collection of Bank Statements (Weekly and Monthly)
- Cheque Writing Lodgement
- Bank Confirmation
- Treasury function
- Payroll Management
- Bill Payments
- Financial Reporting
Overall Responsibilities Mapping:
- Financial control
- Fund Raising Strategy
- Issues and trends tracking
- Monitoring & Evaluation strategies
- Reporting and financial performance
- Financial modelling
Cashflow & Credit Management:
- Ensure positive bank balances are maintained and avoid unauthorised overdraft as a result of overdrawn account which attracts bank penalty charges.
- Liaison Officer with Banks. Collection of Bank Statements (Weekly and Monthly).
- Promptness. Accurate postings of cheques into various accounts by Bank
- Promptness, Accurate postings of cheques into various accounts by Bank.
- Promptness in submitting confirmation to the Bank.
- Allocates funds among various competing needs of the agency.
- Ensure every released cheque is given value.
- Ensure all payment vouchers are posted correctly and accurately to their respective subledger account.
- Daily reconciliation of sub-ledger account to ensure classified entries and updated postings.
- Ensure safe and strict handling of company’s safe/vault.
- Mobilization of staff salary as at when due.
- Ensure prompt payments of Public utility bills & Rates are prioritised.
- Complete, accurate recording and documentation of transactions for the AAAN Secretariat.
- Responsible for self-leadership as a model of what he association stands for (values and ethos).
- Drive the goals of financial control in the association's secretariat.
- Reflect, evaluate and take action to enhance your own knowledge and practice
- Develop your professional competence to work with individuals reliably, consistently, effectively, ethically and safely.
- Participate in ongoing training and networking as required to keep current with new technology in the industry
- Authority is drawn from the Executive Director's mandate
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate degree in Accounting, Management, Business, Public Administration, or a related discipline required
- ACA or ICAN Professional certificate.
- 5 years of professional practice (minimum 3 of which is at a fairly senior level)
- Ability to close an entire book of accounts
- Registered advertising practitioner
Person Specification Essential (E) or Desirable(D)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written within every level of the
- organization. E
- Ability to work under pressure. E
- Strong interpersonal & relationship skills across a broad spectrum, ranging from communication, mentoring and essential leadership requirements. E
- Experience in managing and working with multi-functional team; Team
- orientation with the ability to influence others. E
- Computer literate with advanced experience in Windows environment. Proficient in MS Office applications: Word, PowerPoint, Advanced/Super User in Ms Excel. E
- Excellent analytical skills; mature judgment combined with a proactive, energetic approach to problem solving. And ability to deal with a multitude of diverse challenges. E
- Ability to work with minimal supervision. D
- Excellent project/process management skills, with demonstrated proficiency in time and project management. E
- Commercial awareness. D
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills with proven ability to develop employees. E
- Negotiation Skills. E
- Ability to create and maintain effective and collaborative relationships within and outside the organization. D
- Collaborative attitude
- Courage to take initiative
- Strategic Leadership
- Highly Inquisitive
- Performance driven
- Self-driven to achieve
- Self-motivated, self-starter with hands-on approach.
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Demonstrable ethical conduct
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Information Seeking
- Building Organisational Capacity
- Organisational Awareness
- To develop own competency and that of the organisation by taking opportunities to learn new skills and to spread new knowledge through the organisation.
Year of Experience