The Association was founded in 1973 as a sectoral body within the Nigerian marketing communications landscape and has become a force to be reckoned with both locally and internationally. Formerly known as Association of Advertising Practitioners of Nigeria (AAPN), the Association formally changed its name from Association of Advertising Practitioners of Nigeria (AAPN) to Association of Advertising Agencies of Nigeria (AAAN) on Saturday May 1st, 2004 at Lekki Peninsula Resort, Ajah, Lagos during its 31st AGM/Congress AAAN is the umbrella body that coordinates and promotes the interest of Advertising Agencies in Nigeria.
Reports to: This role reports to the Executive Director.
Department/unit: Membership Development Office
Purpose of the Job
- The purpose of this job is to grow the membership of the association, provide members with a bouquet of value- for-membership offerings, maintain high ethical conduct among members and answer enquiries with respect to the needs of member agencies, as well as acting as the point of first contact for member agencies.
Scope of Role
- Answer telephone and email queries from members, processing of online, paper and telephone request for new membership and renewals, receiving and dealing with complaints or issues raised by members and processing booking of AAAN events, products and training courses.
- The Membership Officer maintains high customer service levels and member satisfaction.
- Within the Association:
- All Heads of Department
- AAAN Committee for Membership
Outside the Association:
- Member Agencies
- Media Houses & Journalists
- Other Sectorial bodies in the industry
- Third party Media suppliers
Overall Responsibilities Mapping:
- Quality control
- Membership Communication Strategy
- Issues and trends tracking
- M & E strategies
- Reporting and financial performance
- Recommend Innovations for relationship management
Recruitment and renewal collections:
- Put in place strategic programme for growing association membership
- Ensure growth of membership through proactive recruitment drives
- Ensure hitch free membership renewal process
- Proactive strategy to reduce to less than 10% all renewal default
- Responsible for developing, updating and maintaining a comprehensive database for the association.
- Coordinate with the other project managers, design engineers, procurement, planning and
- scheduling and other personnel in setting and maintaining priorities to ensure timely
- performance sufficient to keep the overall project on schedule and within budget.
Membership experience & Relationship Management:
- Develop synergies with Head of Membership Committee and other members to maximize efforts and minimize duplication of work wherever possible
- Proactive and intentionally planned communication to get all member agencies aware of the going-ons in the association & industry at large
- Enable greater clarity and understanding of processes and operations at the secretariat.
- Quarterly assessment survey feedback from agencies, about service level experience by the secretariat.
- Coordinate activities and programmes toward continuous improvement of relationship of member agencies with the secretariat, and relationship between agencies.
- Ensure Quality Service delivery at every contact point with existing and prospective member agency.
Member Data & Records Management:
- Responsible for data accuracy in processing and recording membership and service related complaints
- Provide periodic membership report to the ED and by extension give input for management planning & decision making by the Board.
- Coordinate with the client, project management and project services in setting up required reporting procedures and formats for client and management needs.
- Establish built-in feedback loops to ensure clear communication and administer preventive and corrective action, wherever required.
Strategic membership engagements:
- Achieve not less than 80% year on year involvement and participation of member agencies in the activities of the association.
- Develop programmes that will make the secretariat a true "home-base" of activities for agency members.
Membership communication strategy:
- Develop ingenious communication platforms that facilitates relationship between member agencies and allows for sharing of knowledge with each other, despite competitive environment.
- Implement necessary programmes as agreed by the membership committee, the Board and the Head of secretariat.
- Prepare M&E-related reports for dissemination to committee & management.
- Prepare quarterly, semi-annual, and annual project reports by compiling, ensuring the quality and consistency of information presented therein.
- Responsible for self-leadership as a model of what he association stands for (values and ethos).
- Drive the goals of ethical and respectful relationship among members of the association
- Reflect, evaluate and take action to enhance your own knowledge and practice
- Develop your professional competence to work with individuals reliably, consistently, effectively, ethically and safely.
- Participate in ongoing training and networking as required to keep current with new technology in the industry
- Authority is drawn from the Executive Director's mandate
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate degree in Management, Business, Public Administration, or a related discipline required
- 7 years of experience in Sales and marketing, client servicing, experiential marketing, event
- management, hospitality and customer care delivery in a reputable organization (must have
- held managerial position for up to five year).
- Relevant certification is an added advantage
- Registered advertising practitioner
- Previous customer care experience
Person Specification Essential (E) or Desirable(D)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written within every level of the organization. E
- Ability to work under pressure. E
- 12.3 Strong interpersonal & relationship skills across a broad spectrum, ranging from communication, mentoring and essential leadership requirements. E
- Experience in managing and working with multi-functional team; Team orientation with the ability to influence others. E
- Computer literate with advanced experience in Windows environment. Proficient in MS Office applications: Word, PowerPoint, Advanced/Super User in Ms Excel. E
- Excellent analytical skills; mature judgment combined with a proactive, energetic approach to problem solving. And ability to deal with a multitude of diverse challenges. D
- Ability to work with minimal supervision. E
- Excellent project/process management skills, with demonstrated proficiency in time and project management. D
- Commercial awareness. E
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills with proven ability to develop employees. E
- Negotiation Skills. D
- Ability to create and maintain effective and collaborative relationships within and outside the organization. E
- Collaborative attitude
- Courage to take initiative
- Strategic Leadership
- Highly Inquisitive
- Performance driven
- Self-driven to achieve
- Self-motivated, self-starter with hands-on approach.
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Demonstrable ethical conduct
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Information Seeking
- Building Organisational Capacity
- Organisational Awareness
- To develop own competency and that of the organisation by taking opportunities to learn new skills and to spread new knowledge through the organisation.