The Association was founded in 1973 as a sectoral body within the Nigerian marketing communications landscape and has become a force to be reckoned with both locally and internationally. Formerly known as Association of Advertising Practitioners of Nigeria (AAPN), the Association formally changed its name from Association of Advertising Practitioners of Nigeria (AAPN) to Association of Advertising Agencies of Nigeria (AAAN) on Saturday May 1st, 2004 at Lekki Peninsula Resort, Ajah, Lagos during its 31st AGM/Congress AAAN is the umbrella body that coordinates and promotes the interest of Advertising Agencies in Nigeria.
Project Management Officer
Department/unit: Project Management
Purpose of Job
- The purpose of this job is to ensure continuous improvement in service delivery through monitoring projects performance and evaluation same.
- The job enables management to ensure that all projects maintain their strategic direction/vision and that all project activities result in the achievement of its intended outputs in a cost effective and timely manner. In summary, the job should bring about continuous improvement, enable cost savings, help maximise revenue, support process efficiencies and improve customer experiences.
- The post holder will direct AAAN monitoring and evaluation (M&E) strategy, ensuring appropriate application of theory and best practices to the design and implementation of all of AAAN's monitoring, evaluation, and reporting activities.
- S/he will design and/or specify appropriate data collection systems and templates to provide quality routine data collection and data aggregation for reporting purposes; provide training and
- mentoring to AAAN staff in order to develop local capacity for routine, field level M&E tasks; and facilitate all initiatives related to promoting a unified approach to project quality and effectiveness, including the design and implementation of a common M&E framework and strategy
- Reports to:This role reports directly to the Head of Strategy & Planning.
Within the Association:
- All Heads of Department
- AAAN Committee for Project Execution
Outside the Association:
- Related Agencies
- Suppliers & Event Planners
- Government Project Control agencies
Overall Responsibilities Mapping:
- Project Monitoring
- Data analysis
- Risk control
- Cost Reduction
- Quality control
- Time management
- Issues and trends tracking
- M & E strategies
- Reporting trends and performance
- Recommend Innovations
Key Task 1 : Project Monitoring:
- Establish and manage a performance monitoring framework with clear-cut goals, outcomes, outputs, inputs, processes, indicators, data needs and sources, and reporting formats and frequency, for effective monitoring, reporting and updating progress on projects.
- Compare actual performance to targets, conduct gap analysis, and develop action steps and improvement plans to bridge identified gaps on projects
- Assist management and HODís in developing overall monitoring framework
Key Task 2: Project Planning:
- Assist in the coordination and development of program objectives, results frameworks, and related M&E components for all active projects.
- Participate in the review and/or development of functional operations and controls
- Review and approve preliminary estimate and turnaround schedules as required
- Participate in the engineering and operations review meetings
- Participate in proposal preparation, project planning and scheduling by furnishing expertise on turnaround methods and equipment.
- Coordinate with the other project managers, design engineers, procurement, planning and scheduling and other personnel in setting and maintaining priorities to ensure timely performance sufficient to keep the overall project on schedule and within budget.
Key Task 3 : Process Management:
- Hands-on process improvement of current processes to include value stream map, process mapping, solution development, project management, and implementation
- Set targets and execute processes based on continuous improvement methodologies
- Enable greater clarity and understanding of processes, process optimization
- Leverage existing process knowledge and improvements through a centrally managed process/projects repository
- Use continuous improvement techniques such as Lean and Six Sigma methodology, statistical measurement tools and other continuous improvement techniques to find root cause and prompt process improvement
Key Task 4: Relationship Management:
- Develop synergies with HODs/Head of Committees, and Project teams to maximize efforts and minimize duplication of work wherever possible
Key Task 5 : Project Reporting:
- Coordinate with the client, project management and project services in setting up required reporting procedures and formats for client and management needs.
- Establish built-in feedback loops to ensure clear communication and administer preventive and corrective action, wherever required.
Key Task 6: Cost Analysis and Control:
- Review construction cost, estimates, budgets, forecasts and schedules.
- Set targets and execute projects based on continuous improvement methodologies
- Compare actual performance to the targets, conduct gap analysis, and develop action steps and improvement plans to bridge identified gaps on projects
- Ensure specifications reviews are done for profitability and ease of implementation
- Achieve reduced costs through productivity enhancements through a system of continuous internal measurement and realistic improvement
Key Task 7: Communication:
- Use a common process language that enables disparate parts of the organization to communicate and share knowledge with each other despite unique needs
Key Task 8: Implementation and Documentation:
- Implement necessary report cycles, processes, methods, and tools
- Prepare M&E-related documents for dissemination, including annual analytical reports and evaluation/assessment reports to management.
- Oversee preparation of M&E sections of quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports by compiling and presenting and ensuring the quality and consistency of data presented in said reports.
- Develop M&E reference guides, assessment tools, data collection forms, and other M&E related documents and materials.
- Ensure specifications are reviewed for profitability and ease of implementation
Key Task 9: Leadership:
- Drive operational excellence across functional departments to help develop and adopt the skills and discipline required to consistently achieve expected results
- Gain competitive advantage through deployment efficiencies, training efficiencies, knowledge sharing, document management, and cost savings
- Focus on driving measurable performance improvements that enable optimization of business processes and correlate to customer satisfaction and superior value delivery
Key Task 10: People Management:
- Ensure highly motivated people are executing defect-free processes that are focused on meeting customer needs.
Key Task 11: Self-Management:
- Reflect, evaluate and take action to enhance your own knowledge and practice
- Develop your professional competence to work with individuals reliably, consistently, effectively, ethically and safely.
- Participate in ongoing training and networking as required to keep current with new technology in the industry
- Authority is drawn from the CEO's mandate
- Graduate Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Public Administration, or a related discipline required
- 5+ years of experience in project management, business process mapping and continuous improvement required with at least three years' experience in monitoring and evaluation (must have held managerial position for up to five year).
- PMP/PRINCE 2 certification is compulsory
- Understanding of Lean Six Sigma Green Belt and or proven work experience with waste elimination through continuous improvement; Six Sigma and Lean Principles such as Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, Continuous Improvement Process, DMAIC, as well as other statistical problem solving tools.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written within every level of the organization - Essential
- Ability to work under pressure - Essential
- Strong interpersonal skills across a broad spectrum, ranging from communication, mentoring and essential leadership requirements - Essential
- Understanding of and proven work experience with waste elimination through continuous improvement - Essential
- Experience in managing and working with multi-functional team; Team orientation with the ability to influence others - Essential
- Computer literate with advanced experience in Windows environment. Proficient in MS Office applications: Word, PowerPoint, Advanced/Super User in Ms Excel. - Essential
- Knowledge of management information systems - Desirable
- Excellent analytical skills; mature judgment combined with a proactive, energetic approach to problem solving. And ability to deal with a multitude of diverse challenges - Essential
- Ability to work with minimal supervision - Desirable
- Excellent project/process management skills, with demonstrated proficiency in time and project management - Essential
- Commercial awareness - Essential
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills with proven ability to develop employees - Desirable
- Negotiation Skills - Essential
- Ability to create and maintain effective and collaborative relationships within and outside the organization - Desirable
- Collaborative attitude
- Courage to take initiative
- Strategic Leadership
- Highly Inquisitive
- Performance driven
- Self-driven to achieve
- Self-motivated, self-starter with hands-on approach.
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Demonstrable ethical conduct
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Information Seeking
- Building Organisational Capacity
- Organisational Awareness