|May 21, 2015|
|Monitoring And Evaluation Officer At The International Institute Of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)|
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D) organization, and a member of the CGIAR Consortium.We thank you for your interest in IITA and invite you to explore many exciting and diverse career opportunities in a work environment that enables you to be the best you can, advancing your professional and personal growth in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment.
Join a vibrant team that is committed to facilitating agricultural solutions for hunger, poverty, and natural resource degradation throughout the tropics.IITA is an equal opportunity employer and consideration for employment is given to qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national/ethnic origin or social status.
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (IITA-HR-NRS2015/026)
Position: Background and Responsibilities
• Monitor project implementation activities; act as a point of contact for
the Nigerian program and reporting matters in the absence of the M&E
Special and project leader;
• Conduct and manage field trials; regular contacts with DVMs
(Decentralized Vine Multipliers);
• Assist in handling all day-to-day monitoring, evaluation and administrative
• Collection and analyses of data from field experiments;
• Assist in the design and implementation of survey;
• Enter monthly recorded data to update database and organize
monthly summary of the activities;
• Work closely with key partners in tracking key outcome indicators;
• Offer administrative support to scientists and collaborators on projects,
including visitors and students;
• Assist in organizing meetings, taking minutes of meetings and
maintaining a database of contacts;
• Perform any other function as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
University degree in Agronomy, General Agriculture or equivalent.
Professional certification awarded by a relevant professional institute
be an added advantage
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions
in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application:
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with
their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three
professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or
applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package to IITA
Year of Experience
You have applied for this job.