Pernod Ricard is the world’s co-leader in wines and spirits with consolidated sales of € 7,945 million in 2013/14.
Created in 1975 by the merger of Ricard and Pernod, the Group has undergone sustained development, based on both organic growth and acquisitions: Seagram (2001), Allied Domecq (2005) and Vin & Sprit (2008).
Pernod Ricard holds one of the most prestigious brand portfolios in the sector: ABSOLUT Vodka, Ricard pastis, Ballantine’s, Chivas Regal, Royal Salute and The Glenlivet Scotch whiskies, Jameson Irish whiskey, Martell cognac, Havana Club rum, Beefeater gin, Kahlúa and Malibu liqueurs, G.H.Mumm and Perrier-Jouët champagnes, as well as Jacob’s Creek, Brancott Estate, Campo Viejo and Graffigna wines.
Pernod Ricard employs a workforce of nearly 18 800 people and operates through a decentralised organisation, with 6 “Brand Companies” and 80 “Market Companies” established in each key market.
Pernod Ricard is strongly committed to a sustainable development policy and encourages responsible consumption.
Pernod Ricard’s strategy and ambition are based on 3 key values that guide its expansion: entrepreneurial spirit, mutual trust and a strong sense of ethics.
Purpose of the Role:
- Implement brand and trade programmes in Premium + On-trade accounts according to cycle plan. This includes also assuring that programmes and activities are brilliantly executed against the accounts
- Identify and secure key premium+ on-trade accounts.
Execute the trade/marketing activities on PVA to accounts to meet customer and consumer objectives as described in the cycle plan
- Presence: Ensure full Portfolio (Select in some cases) availability in covered account
- Negotiate retail Hotspots Ensure visibility of PRN brands & POS based on communication strategy following guidelines set by the Trade Marketing
- Activation: In accordance with agreed business or account specific activity calendar, deploy activation against select premium+ account
- Develop and adhere to a well-defined work programme and route plan as agreed manager
- Actively participate in business development projects (e.g., trade incentive schemes, internal brand awareness campaigns, etc.)
- Ensure attendance of all approved training programmes and show visible application of acquired knowledge
- Ensure Implementation and control of commercial policy and contractual agreement with accounts as per pre-agreed standards.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with KDs /KD team to ensure distribution of PRN brands while owning the total outcome (Volume, Distribution, Assortment & Receivables)
Key Performance Drivers:
- Ensure that objectives in terms of availability, visibility, volume, margin, quality and customer price of products are achieved in Key Premium+ accounts
- Provide data and maintain database on competitor’s moves and sales and distribution performance in order to guarantee that Business Managers are fully informed at all times
- Reporting: Timely and quality rendition of reports
- Manage all assigned funds, materials and equipment in a secure and efficient manner in order to maximise the use of organisation assets
- Monitor brand’s performance in premium + account (PRN’s and competitors’)
- Build and maintain strong business relationship with outlet owners in order to move outlet to the position of preferred partner
- Gather/ provide ideas on how to develop retail touch points & Trending/ New Serving rituals in Premium+ Outlets accounts
- Participate in joint business meeting with KD support team.
A) Role Interdependencies
Need to liaise, communicate and inform with internal departments
- Trade Marketing Manager (s)
- Finance BP
- Information Systems Manager
- Marketing Managers
- Key Distributors
- National Key Distributor Manager
- KD Executives
- · PVA capabilities
- · Managing Relationships (Key Account styled)
- · Commercial Planning
- · PROS Segmentation and execution
- · Route planning & execution
Desired Skills and Experience
- Graduate with 2-3 years commercial experience in related field. .
- Experience of managing remote teams
- Great People and Influencing Skills
- Great communication skills –written and verbal
- Analytical skills