Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development. The company made history on August 5, 2001 by becoming the first telecoms operator to launch commercial GSM services in Nigeria and has scored a series of many "firsts" in the highly competitive Nigerian telecommunications market including the first to introduce toll-free 24-hour customer care; first to launch service in all the six geo-political zones in the country; first to introduce affordable recharge denominations; first to introduce monthly free SMS and first to introduce monthly airtime bonus.
Manager, MPBN/MPLS Core Operation
Support MPBN/MPLS Network operational activities in Airtel Nigeria Network and ensure all related faults are resolved within defined time frame and ensure traffic payload optimization.
Perform regular data configuration Audit, performance monitoring and adherence to operational processes and guidelines.
Identify grey areas and provide necessary initiative that will restore quality and availability. Ensure all related traffic KPIs are within threshold.
- To ensure network availability KPIs for Mobile Packet BACKBONE NETWORK (MPBN) as per agreed SLAs. Vigilance on all network outages, their timely closure through follow-up with all stake holders.
- proactive and Reactive Monitoring of the MPBN network and provide support to transported services
- Ensure fault analysis and provision of Root cause analysis (RCA) and preventive measures.
- Network node and connectivity Documentation to be kept up to date
- Reviews MPBN performance and related Network Alteration Requests with performance Analyst.
- Define and set in place with the performance team the main KPI to follow the daily MPBN performances.
- Define and execute acceptable operational routines.
- Coordination of approved field Activities.
- Carries out trouble shooting activities to solve timely encountered MPBN and pocket core node problems
- Monitoring and Optimization of all interface links to packet core, CS network and other network elements and ensure all related KPIs are within threshold.
- Ensure GRPS and data roaming availability and support in resolving data roaming issue within the agreed SLA time.
- Ensure comprehensive investigation and in-dept analysis on all repetitive faults in order to proffer appropriate solution.
- Identify and Liaise with internal customers (e.g. Network Performance, Planning, Customer service, Marketing and regulatory Department etc.) and ensure that all packet core quality related faults are cleared in the predefined times.
- Ensure regular network audit is performed and no inconsistency in data configuration across all network elements.
- Ensure speedy closure of trouble tickets escalation within the shortest time possible to minimize network downtime.
- Identify root cause of faults and offer effective long term solutions within critical time frames
- Obtain and review Emergency/Monthly/weekly reports
- Collate weekly outages and service report.
- Measure KPIs of packet core networks and report variance.
- Monitor SLAs with packet core solution providers
- Enforce SLA where necessary to ensure Airtel interest is not jeopardize at all times
Desired Skills and Experience
Educational Qualifications and Functional / Technical Skills
- Bachelorís degree or HND in Engineering or any related applied science field.
- IP routing and switching knowledge is an asset.
- Core Knowledge
- MSS knowledge, including MGW, MSC , TSS and their related interfaces.
- BSS knowledge, including BSC, RNC, Node B , BTS and their related interfaces.
- PCN knowledge , including SGSN, GGSN
- Have in depth experience with Ericsson MPBN solution Juniper routers, Extreme switches, cisco routers.
- Knowledge in Smart Edge routers including hands-on experience.
- Juniper certification and added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years in IP Domain, Networks Operation and project management.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of future generation technologies.
- Good Team spirit.
- Action oriented.
- Attention to details.
- Personally motivated.
- Proactive spirit.
- Getting it right the first time.