At Dow, we work together to provide solutions that make a difference. Connecting closely with our customers in more than 160 countries, we offer more than 5,000 products to create competitive advantage while positively impacting the world we live in. We combine world-class expertise, future-focused technologies, and sustainability to solve global challenges in the areas of energy, consumerism, health and nutrition, infrastructure and transportation.
The Dow Chemical Company has an opportunity to work as an Account Manager (m/f) in Dow Coatings Materials business to be based in Lagos, Nigeria
Marketing & Sales teams at Dow collaborate with thousands of customers, markets and industries in more than 160 countries to bring innovative Dow solutions and science to millions of households all over the world.
In addition to building strong relationships with customers, our teams blend a deep understanding of the market with Dow science and technology to consistently exceed the needs of the world's leading industries and growing megatrends. Dow is widely recognized for continuously delivering best-in-class solutions, products, and services.
The Account Manager of Coating material directs and co-ordinates all activities between Dow and the nominated Architectural and/or Industrial Coating manufacturers in Nigeria:
- Execute DCM strategy with major manufacturers in Nigeria
- Support the distribution business in Nigeria.
- Owns and execute Account development plans for selective accounts.
- Support cross business sales and product development
- Observe Dow’s safety policies at all time and complete in a timely manner all required periodic trainings. Failure to do so could be a reason for termination.
- Adhere to Dow’s Ethical core values at all time and complete in a timely manner all required periodic trainings. Failure to do so could be a reason for termination.
- Identification and development opportunities to expand existing business levels within the nominated accounts and new ones, as well as provide input to the technical and marketing teams on specific projects.
- Achieve business plans on 3 levels (volume, revenue and margin)
- Drive product mix optimization as well as asset utilization.
- Achieve sales targets in customers’ projects, value, volume and margins
- Works autonomously and delivers total client solutions, from product sales and advice, through to technical servicing.
- Develop business at the key accounts by helping the customers grow, replacing competitive products and increasing the number of applications or Dow products used.
- Ensure sales projects are being identified with the customer and entered in the Plan-It Plus (Selling Project System); also that appropriate new technology is introduced as part of the agreed customer strategy in a timely fashion.
- Maintain all core business at the nominated key accounts. Use existing Dow processes or develop new processes to enhance revenue and profit growth of the key accounts. Work with customers to define and extend the areas of mutual benefit.
- Promote end user applications and specification selling.
- Manage complex supply plan (multi sourcing points and 3rd party supply agreements)
- Maintain an annual Key Account Strategic Action Plan (KASAP) for each Strategic Account.
- Maintain an accurate monthly forecast
Desired Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Science, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering, or master degree in business/sales
- Previous experience within a related Account Management and development role in the paint/coating and construction industries, within the paint and chemical industry sales environment minimum 3 years, with a knowledge of basic Raw Materials usage and function in the paint industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Good communication skills in English are an added value but will not be an obstacle for the right candidate.
- Competent technical skills or ability to pick up on the technical aspects of the role.
- Have a demonstrated ability to develop strong customer relationships
- Technology understanding extended to application.
- Business and entrepreneurial skills
- Willingness to travel a minimum of 50% of the time
- Be able to work in a very competitive environment under constant pressure in terms of achieving business objectives.
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving innovations that extract value from the intersection of chemical, physical and biological sciences to help address many of the world's most challenging problems such as the need for clean water, clean energy generation and conservation, and increasing agricultural productivity. Dow's integrated, market-driven, industry-leading portfolio of specialty chemical, advanced materials, agrosciences and plastics businesses delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to customers in approximately 180 countries and in high-growth sectors such as packaging, electronics, water, coatings and agriculture. In 2014, Dow had annual sales of more than $58 billion and employed approximately 53,000 people worldwide. The Company's more than 6,000 product families are manufactured at 201 sites in 35 countries across the globe. References to "Dow" or the "Company" mean The Dow Chemical Company and its consolidated subsidiaries unless otherwise expressly noted. More information about Dow can be found at http://www.dow.com/.
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company
- Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others
- Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer