|May 25, 2015|
|Commercial Manager At Global Growth Organization|
GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit the company's website at www.ge.com
Posted Position Title: Commercial Manager
The Commercial Manager will report to the Regional Commercial Operations Leader for Sub Saharan Africa (SSA) and fulfill the role of proposal development and contract management in the inquiry to order stage primarily for oneGE transactions in SSA that involve multiple GE P&Ls. This role includes interfacing with Region Sales teams, Marketing, Product Line & Technical and Customers to meet or exceed business goals.
- Coordinate all aspects of the inquiry-to-order phase of proposal/bid management, including proposal development, risk management and mitigation, contract negotiations, specification compliance, scope development, pricing/financial summary, and issue resolution for proposals to which he/she is allocated.
- Ensure terms and conditions are properly reviewed, mitigated and associated risk check list s are completed and approved for all proposals.
- Owner of Financial Summaries for each opportunity – price/cost summary, contribution margins, cash-flow and tax compliance.
- Create applicable strategic relationship agreements for key projects and opportunities.
- Coordinate internally to obtain any necessary legal oversight or risk management for commercial transactions.
- Lead deal review calls during the proposal/bid management process to ensure that technical risk points, risk mitigation, & business risk acceptance levels are properly incorporated in the development of the scope, cost & proposal wording.
- Have an acute knowledge of business tools (e.g. salesforce.com) and other necessary commercial tools to ensure proper adherence to business practices and procedures.
- Coordinate necessary responses from various groups/individuals involved ensuring the proposal preparation & submission dates are met & a quality proposal is issued to the customer. Includes interfacing Product teams Engineering, Legal, Finance, Risk and Commercial Leadership.
- Develop & maintain measurements including variance to want, Hit Rate, Win Rate, variance to propose, proposal cycle time, accuracy, adherence to risk review process and opportunity management procedures. Promote proposal throughput, yield, cost, and efficiency.
- Ensure that the bid management and risk review process are adhered to from the initial strategy review thru negotiation and final turnover to the execution group. Achieve 100% compliance on audits.
- Work with the Sales, Technical Application Engineering and Segment Leader to ensure that the winning strategy and proposal is in place
- Work as a key member of the region team in support of achieving the region’s orders, sales, and margin targets
- Ensure process adherence to all government contracting requirements.
- Understand order-booking requirements and approve process for ensuring that order-booking requirements are met
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Engineering from an accredited university.
- 8 years' minimum hands on experienced in a similar role involving project/complex bid management process.
- Good working knowledge of commercial processes, pulling resources together to collect bid information, creating bid/proposal documents from scratch.
- Ability to interface and communicate with customers to introduce and negotiate opportunity to closure
- Solid organization and multi-task capability in a dynamic environment.
- Experienced in opportunity management / Bid management and handling proposal
- Ability to structure creative deals to support customers, negotiate contracts, and deal effectively with diverse customers.
- Business / financial acumen and an understanding how transactions affect the business model (both for GE and the customer) and capable of strategic thinking
- Working knowledge of legal aspects and implications of contracts, terms and conditions, negotiation, etc. to allow constructing contracts with minimizing risk
- Credibility and the ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams and work in teams
- Highly motivated, flexible individual
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required.
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering
- Analytical and innovative thinking
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, team-player
- Ability to contribute in an international environment
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office tools
Year of Experience