CcHUB is Nigeria’s first open living lab and pre-incubation space designed to be a multi-functional, multi-purpose space where work to catalyze creative social tech ventures take place. The HUB is a place for technologists, social entrepreneurs, government, tech companies, impact investors and hackers in and around Lagos to co-create new solutions to the many social problems in Nigeria.
Project Manager, OLL
Co-Creation Hub (CcHUB), Nigeria’s premiere Social Innovation Centre seeks an experienced Project Manager wifth the ability to manage multiple projects and an interest in social issues to work in our Open Living Labs Unit.
The Project Manager will manage CcHUB’s open living lab projects aimed at bringing together mixed stakeholder groups to co-create new technology-driven solutions to social and economic problems in Nigeria.
• Conduct background research on the focus area/topic of prospective labs to define the scope of engagement
• Develop project documentation including proposals, project plans and reports
• Responsible for achieving project milestone deliverables/timelines, track and report on all project metrics
• Identify and engage new stakeholders including research institutes, technical partners and end-users
• Organise and support facilitation of events including stakeholder workshops, ideation sessions and hackathons
• Develop content of all external communication (website, press releases, banners, social media etc)
• Use online and offline channels to disseminate information on each lab to ensure maximum participation of critical stakeholders
• Manage teams of developers to deliver technology projects to a high level of quality
• Carry out other duties as assigned by the Director of Open Living Labs
• Previous experience of project management techniques and knowledge
• Understanding of design thinking methodologies and their application
• Understanding of contemporary social issues in Nigeria and efforts towards their resolution
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Proficiency with social networking platforms including Facebook, Twitter, blogs, user forums, and customer support apps
• Ability to build and management relationships
This position offers a competitive salary depending on applicant’s experience
MXLab Technical Intern, CcHUB
CcHUB is hiring an intern to join the MXLab team. At the MXLab, we’re responsible for cool stuff like the Lagos Raspberry Jam, the Geeks Club and the Summer of Code.
As an intern you will be involved in the day-to-day activities at the MXLab. Your primary responsibilities will include:
• Getting to build cool projects using the Raspberry Pi
• Performing software testing and debugging
• Writing documentation
• Working with the Geeks Club team
• Working with cross-functional teams within the organisation
• Interested in working with Hardware (experience using the Raspberry Pis, Arduinos or similar boards is a plus)
• Proficiency in any programming language (Python or C is a plus)
• Keen interest in 3D printing/willingness to learn
• Excited about IoT and the maker movement
• Enjoy working with young people
• A background in Engineering is a plus, but not necessary
In addition to the above, ideal candidate should:
• Be lively and enjoy interacting with people
• Be self-motivated and able to work independently, but also able to work well in a team
• Be a fast learner who is open to learning new things
• Have good written and oral communication skills
• Be available for 3-6 months, and ideally returning to University after the internship
• Available to start immediately
It is a full-time, paid internship opportunity where you get the chance to build really handy technical and communication skills.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should apply according to the instructions below:
- Project Manager, OLL >>> Please send through a CV and cover letter explaining your suitability for the role in an email with the subject ‘OLL Project Manager’ to firstname.lastname@example.org
- MXLab Technical Intern, CcHUB >>> To apply kindly send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com Note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.