Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development. The company made history on August 5, 2001 by becoming the first telecoms operator to launch commercial GSM services in Nigeria and has scored a series of many "firsts" in the highly competitive Nigerian telecommunications market including the first to introduce toll-free 24-hour customer care; first to launch service in all the six geo-political zones in the country; first to introduce affordable recharge denominations; first to introduce monthly free SMS and first to introduce monthly airtime bonus.
A truly innovative company, Airtel has showed resilience, charting new paths in meeting the demands and needs of its esteemed stakeholders and enhancing distribution as well as providing affordable services to empower more Nigerians.
In Nigeria, Airtel is working tirelessly to live up to an ambitious vision of being the most loved brand in the daily lives of Nigerians as it offers a superior brand experience and a portfolio of innovative products & services ranging from exciting voice solutions to inventive data packages and mobile broadband.
Responsible for monitoring of network elements, follow up on escalated failures until resolution, Control the implementation of all job orders that take place within the network, generate daily reports of failures exceeding defined KPI, and follow through on all customer complaints.
- 24 x 7 monitoring, logging, handover and escalation of network alarms and events.
- Follow up on the reported problem.
- Ensure that all the services providers strictly follow the SLA and report any deviation.
- Co-ordinate/Liaise with all the various NOC providing service to Airtel.
- Monitor progress of problem solving activities
- Management of service related problem
- All network changes/configuration are documented and follow through.
- Provide regular update on the state of the network
- Technical escalation of problem to service providers
- Information escalation to Airtel management
- Information escalation to Airtel customer care
- Sign off of all network outages.
- Generate daily reports of failures exceeding defined KPI
- Support to resolve customerís complaint.
- Provide Emergency/Monthly/weekly network reports
- Collate weekly outages, alarm and backups
- Measure KPIs of the Networks and report variance.
- Monitor Network node availability
- Ensure adherence to SLA where necessary to ensure Airtel interest is not jeopardize at all times
Desired Skills and Experience
Educational Qualifications and Functional / Technical Skills
- Bachelorís degree or HND in Engineering or any related applied science field.
- At least 2 years Networks Operational experience in GSM environment.
- Technical knowledge on Network Elements (Switching Systems, MPBN, SIGTRAN, SIP,Transmission, IN and VAS)
- Basic troubleshooting skills on Network Elements.
- Experience in different network vendor area, such as Ericsson, Huawei, NSN etc.
- Good Team spirit.
- Action oriented.
- Attention to details.
- Personally motivated.
- Proactive spirit.
- Getting it right the first time.