Excel Professional Services (EPS) was established to provide world-class management consulting support to business enterprises, as they seek to develop their capacities in the three critical areas of strategy, leadership and governance. EPS is built around the concept that no business can excel in its chosen field, except it gets its strategy, leadership and governance right. The central objective of all our engagements at EPS is to assist clients improve their competitiveness and excel in their lines of business, while remaining compliant and socially responsible.
Overall Purpose of Job
- To develop, establish and maintain marketing strategies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitors and analyzing market trends
- Studies competitors' products and services
- Explores ways of improving existing products and services, to increase profitability.
- Identifies target markets and developing strategies to communicate with them
- Prepares and manages marketing plans and budgets
- Manages the production of promotional material
- Liaises with other internal departments such as sales and distribution
- Produces reports to monitor results and presents findings and suggestions to company directors or other senior managers
- Accomplishes marketing and sales human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves marketing and sales operational objectives by contributing marketing and sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews;
- Determines annual and gross-profit plans by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products; analyzing trends and results; establishing pricing strategies; recommending selling prices; monitoring costs, competition, supply, and demand.
- Accomplishes marketing and sales objectives by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating advertising, merchandising, and trade promotion programs; developing field sales action plans.
- Identifies marketing opportunities by identifying consumer requirements; defining market, competitor's share, and competitor's strengths and weaknesses; forecasting projected business; establishing targeted market share.
- Improves product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities; improving product packaging; coordinating new product development.
- Sustains rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits; exploring specific needs; anticipating new opportunities.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes marketing and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Creative thinking skills
- Proclivity and high level of initiative
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Planning and organisation skills
- Good IT, budget and report writing skills
- Ability to motivate and inspire a team
- Ability to be Persuasive and Diplomatic
- Have good business awareness
- Budget management skills
Qualification and Experience
The requirement is for a marketing professional with a minimum of 8 years’ experience in the marketing of industrial products both at the institutional and retail segment.
This manager should have a B.sc or HND degree in Marketing or Business management. A post graduate degree will be an added advantage.