|Jun 03, 2015|
|Project Assistant At The International Institute Of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)|
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D) organization, and a member of the CGIAR Consortium.We thank you for your interest in IITA and invite you to explore many exciting and diverse career opportunities in a work environment that enables you to be the best you can, advancing your professional and personal growth in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment.
Project Assistant (Ref. IITA-HR-NRS2015/029)
Position: Background and Responsibilities
• Analyse project expenditures and prepare quarterly cash flow as well as
financial statements including variance analysis for Submission to the lead
• Create and maintain a database of standard costs such as staff cost, travel,
workshop, training etc.;
• Monitor project funds utilization and schedule of instalments to ensure up
to date funding status information is readily available;
• Prepare documents required to support the financial for submission to Lead
Centre or as requested by the donor;
• Facilitate timely delivered delivery of pass-through funds to NCRI and other
partners In Nigeria;
• Interact with the Rice Commodity Specialist to clarify issues on financial
reports, answer queries, give updates on the financial status such as over/
under spending and ensure compliance to donor requirements;
• Review request for official mission authorization, purchase request, staff
recruitment requisition (regular, temporary and consultant) and fund
transfers if consistent with the work plan, check availability of funds and
ensure utilization of correct account to charge;
• Perform any other function as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
M.Sc. in Business Administration, with major in Accounting or Certified
Public Account, Chartered Accountant or equivalent Accountancy
professional qualification with minimum of five (5) years’ experience in
bilateral or multilateral donor-funded programs.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions
in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application:
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with
their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three
professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or
applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package to IITA
Year of Experience
You have applied for this job.