Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development. The company made history on August 5, 2001 by becoming the first telecoms operator to launch commercial GSM services in Nigeria and has scored a series of many "firsts" in the highly competitive Nigerian telecommunications market including the first to introduce toll-free 24-hour customer care; first to launch service in all the six geo-political zones in the country; first to introduce affordable recharge denominations; first to introduce monthly free SMS and first to introduce monthly airtime bonus.
A truly innovative company, Airtel has showed resilience, charting new paths in meeting the demands and needs of its esteemed stakeholders and enhancing distribution as well as providing affordable services to empower more Nigerians.
In Nigeria, Airtel is working tirelessly to live up to an ambitious vision of being the most loved brand in the daily lives of Nigerians as it offers a superior brand experience and a portfolio of innovative products & services ranging from exciting voice solutions to inventive data packages and mobile broadband.
Achieve operational objectives by contributing well thought and structured analytics and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews, preparing and completing action plans, ensuring functions productivity, quality, and customer-service standards, resolving, ensuring completion of corrective audits actions, identifying trends, determining system improvements and implementing change.
Meet financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing the Annual Operating Plan (AOP), analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
This job sits in the CEOs Office reporting to the Director, Strategy and PMO.
Analysis and Solution Definition
- Quickly understands the business issues and challenges of Airtel and the telecommunication industry
- Identify subscriber patterns and industry trends with analytical rigor to buttress recommendations to the business
- Collect, analyse, and interpret data and statistics
- Defines requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution
- Review and edit business cases from commercial perspective with finance teams
- Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner
- Works with internal personnel to identify required changes
- Communicates needed changes to development team
- Assists in enforcement of project deadlines and schedules
- Compile and present information verbally, visually and in writing in a structured and relevant manner
- Take input from supervisor and appropriately and accurately applies comments/feedback
- Communicates and applies project standards
- Identifies critical issues with ease.
- Exhibits confidence and an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems
- Pushes creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and stakeholders mindsets
KINDLY PUT IN AN APPLICATION ONLY IF YOU MEET THE REQUIREMENTS BELOW
Desired Skills and Experience
Educational Qualifications & Functional /Technical Skills
- University degree in marketing, social sciences, statistics or mathematics (we are open-minded)
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to develop new creative techniques or approaches
- Skilled in the synthesis of data and understanding from multiple data sources in order to distil it down into actionable insights
- 5+ years of experience with proven track record in similar position
- Experience in advanced data analytics and ideally big data
- Experience in project management in a technical environment
- Experience in quantitative research techniques (including online)
- Business intelligence or management consulting experience a big plus
- A strong character, with sufficient confidence and gravitas to play the role of the "objective voice "
- Attention to detail
- Credibility to present to senior managers and challenge thinking to ensure decisions are made with data and consumers in mind
- Ability to manage and work with ambiguity
- Passionate for understanding what makes consumers tick and inspiring others to do the same
- Fervent for understanding impact of technology and innovation opportunities
- Future focused, always looking to identify and leverage consumer grounded opportunities for future profitable growth
- Rich with diverse experiences - We are looking for people with diverse experience in multiple domain areas like Internet services, FMCG, Financial services, healthcare or telecommunication
- Self-motivation and ability to work alone or in interdisciplinary teams.