Cummins Inc., a global power leader, is a corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems. Headquartered in Columbus, Indiana, (USA) Cummins employs approximately 46,000 people worldwide and serves customers in approximately 190 countries and territories through a network of more than 600 company-owned and independent distributor locations and approximately 6,500 dealer locations. Cummins earned $1.66 billion on sales of $17.3 billion in 2012.
Main Purpose Of The Job
Testing and fault diagnosis of open and containerised generator sets. Occasional off site testing may be required.
· To test gensets (Open and Containerised) in accordance with company guidelines and procedures to an acceptable standard.
· Ensure the genset under test is in a safe operating condition, and those all-necessary pre checks are performed prior to running.
· To work within company Health and Safety regulations.
· Undertake genset fault finding and diagnosis.
· Carry out rectification work on the genset in the test cell where appropriate.
· Ensure that the tested genset meets the specification requirements and is compliant to the Companies quality and safety standards.
· Effectively make use of the Generator Test Cell
· To record necessary test data and results using company IT system.
· Use the company’s QSI database to record via NCMR’S rejects and failures at test.
· To positively contribute in a Team working environment.
· To work with Test support in rigging and de-rigging a genset, to avoid delays, as required.
· To maintain a high standard of house-keeping within the test facility (External and Internal)
· To liaise with customers and customer representatives during scheduled Witness Tests
· To interact with other Performance Cell functions (e.g: production, Quality and Engineering)
· Contribute to and be supportive of Continuous Improvement initiatives within the test environment.
· To assist with test procedure on Design and Development projects
· Participate in CPG product training and apply the training to genset testing.
· Genset Product Knowledge
· P.C. Literate
· Lotus Notes
· Good Communication
· Capable of working on own initiative
· Ability to read electrical engine and machine schematics.
Recruitment Job Type
Jun 5, 2015, 2:31:57 AM
Electrical City and Guilds, or ONC or HNC or equivalent
Electricity at work regulations
Cummins Safety Rules L.V.
Emergency First Aid