Dubbed the "Netflix of Africa", iROKOtv.com is the worlds largest online distributor of African movies. Headquartered in Africa's most populous country, Nigeria, with regional offices in New york and Johannesburg, the business has an audience in excess of 6million people worldwide and is regularly featured as one of Africa's fastest growing internet businesses in worldwide press including Tech crunch, CNN, CNBC,Africa, BBC, Variety, Financial Times, Economist and Forbes.
With substantial revenue projections expected over the next 3-5years, iROKOtv is now recruiting for a number of key senior executive roles.
Senior Web Developer
- This person will be a member of our back end development team, working closely with our other fantastic front end and back end developers during every phase of your projects. Your job will be fun, challenging, and interesting.
- A Sr. Web Developer/Programmer develops dynamic websites, web applications, and mobile applications using a variety of languages and development platforms.
- This person will work with technical directors and other staff to develop technical briefs, specifications, requirements documents, and test plans as required.
- A successful developer must be able to work in a fast-paced, often changing environment that is typical of a OTT deployment for a Media company ; be able to communicate to all team members effectively and efficiently; and above all, be a team player who is solutions-oriented, strives to deliver top-quality products, and is curious about the world around them.
- The Sr. Web Developer provides deeper technical guidance to other developers and team leads as needed and performs independent research to understand and master emerging technologies in the industry.
The qualities we're looking for:
- Design, program, and deliver web/local development projects (PHP, .NET, C#, and related platforms) within designated schedules and budgets
- Support development of projects from inception through alpha/beta testing and final delivery
- Identify, communicate, and overcome development problems and creative challenges related to complex web and application-based projects
- Keep current with programming languages/platforms within the web development/web application, and desktop application space
- Comprehend and follow specific project life-cycle instructions and procedures when required
- Revise and troubleshoot development work as required
- Provide tactical application mentorship to other developers in area of expertise
- Heavily contribute to and actively follow technical documentation related to interactive development cycles
- The ability understand the development and creative/design cycles for Product Development
- Act as a go-to person within technical area of expertise
- Interact with associate technical directors, producers, associate creative directors, and other technical/creative team members
- Effectively present technical information in one-on-one and small group situations to vendors, clients, and staff
- At least 5 years of relevant web development experience
- Applied knowledge of both agile, iterative, and waterfall web development process, as well as demonstrated abilities to write and follow technical briefs, technical requirements, data schemas, and data descriptions
- Ability to understand creative and project briefs
- Ability to accurately estimate the scope and effort required to deliver complex technical projects
- Significant, demonstrated ability to develop and maintain complex solutions within at least one of the following interactive/rich-media platforms:
- Entire LAMP vertical (Linux, Apache, mySQL, PHP)
- Project experience in the following development methodologies:
- Application design patterns
- OOP/object-oriented development approach
- Use of platform extensions, industry libraries
- Industry-related knowledge of browser client development:
- Understanding of browser compatibility issues and platform characteristics
- Direct industry experience working in coordination with front-end developers
- Ability to act as a 'mediator' between web developers and designers to support mobile/hybrid development and responsive design implementations
- Ability to give basic feedback on interactive design and make alternative suggestions when dealing with technology or platform challenges
- Proven team interaction skills
- Self-direction and passion for improving projects, the iROKOtv's Technology department, and on improving personal development
- Qualities that would make you stand out
- Experience with OTT development.
- Experience with development for video delivery inclusive of subscription models
- Experience with Analytics inclusive of Conviva, Google Analytics ( inclusive of session ids using GUID), and other similar Analytics platforms
- Experience with OVP (Video Platforms) and CDNs
- Experience driving test driven development
- Experience driving Agile environments
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (Web Operations)
- Experience with a team building Mobile Applications for Android and IOS - Familiarity with SDKs
- You have a passion for the emerging market audiences specifically within Africa.
- Experience in a start-up environment.
Technical Business Development Manager
Maryland, Lagos, Nigeria
- IROKOtv.com is seeking an experienced Business Development Manager with strong working technical knowledge of the Mobile VAS Content business.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying, developing, executing and maintaining strategic commercial partnerships with mobile network operators, mobile content providers and aggregators within Sub-Sahara Africa.
- The candidate’s focus and background will be in all areas of Value Added Services and applications such as mobile payment solutions, downloads and mobile SMS Marketing.
- By joining us the candidate will be part of a young and dynamic company undergoing rapid growth and building to secure its place as Africa’s number one SVOD platform.
- The candidate therefore needs to be comfortable working in a dynamic work environment, be flexible and be culturally aligned to doing what it takes to ‘get the job done’.
- New client development / existing client retention: the candidate will be responsible for generating new business with key partners (e.g. mobile network operators, ISPs) through targeted value propositions, while also maintaining existing relationships.
- Contribution to the development of business strategic goals: the candidate will be expected to drive and develop business strategic goals through the application of research, market & business insights.
- Plan and execute new business opportunities and their deployment: the candidate will help design the road map and manage the work flow process of each project where it relates to technical, business and legal matters.
- Provide technical insights and recommendations on development and deployment of VAS: You will be required to manage and strengthen technical-commercial interactions with partners.
- You will work with the technical, operations and other functional teams in defining the technical solution, resource and implementation plan for new partnerships.
- Management Reports: Preparing periodic reports to VP Business Development (Mobile) and other stakeholders.
- Technical support: Supporting the Technical Account Manager (Mobile) in the roll out of all projects including developing policies and procedures as they pertain to strategic partnerships.
- Proving support to the VP of business development (Mobile) and Technical Account Manager (Mobile) as and when required.
- Develop service agreements and terms of reference for clients and service providers: Oversee the preparation of commercial documents including business proposals, contracts and NDAs.
- We offer a competitive base salary and benefits dependent on the candidate’s qualifications, experience and skills.
Education and Training
- Academic: B.Sc level education in Telecommunications, Computer Science or Engineering.
- Technical - Minimum three (3) years experience in telecommunications industry, specifically in developing and deployment of value-added services.
- 3+ years experience in a business development or technical capacity within the Telecommunications industry with at least 2 years VAS experience.
- Knowledge of African Tech/Media industries is added advantage.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Strong technical knowledge of Mobile application integration. Android expertise a must, all other operating systems an advantage.
- Proven track record of experience working on Mobile Telecom Services and VAS platforms.Good knowledge of mobile billing and SMSC/USSD Gateway systems.
- Sound understanding of Communication Protocols, VPN, Data Security, Cloud Technologies and Service Delivery Platforms.
- Ability to translate complex Technical Specifications into clear user and commercial benefits.
- A strong business development professional with vast experience in the telecoms and mobile industry and an excellent knowledge of emerging mobile markets.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, flow diagram software and business proposal creation
- Ability to manage business performance metrics such as capital and operations expenses
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical skills - being able to find solutions to complex problems and explain them clearly.
- Ability to present information effectively in oral and written form.
- Ability to draw sound inferences from the information available; makes use of logic and creates/contribute to technical solutions.
- Able to develop management reports.
- Good team player in relation to work with other departments.
- Self-starter and self-motivated.
- Works effectively with culturally diverse team.
How to Apply
Click Here To Apply