VACANCY FOR A SECRETARY (ref: secretary)
Our client is an established Architectural & Interior Design practicing firm. As a result of growth, they require the service of an experienced Secretary preferably Male.
Job Location: Lekki, Lagos, Nigeria.
Enhances effectiveness by providing administrative management support i.e letter writing, dealing with telephone and email enquiries, creating and maintaining filing systems, keeping diaries, arranging meetings and appointments and organising travel for staff etc.
- Organizes work by reading and routing correspondence; collecting information; initiating telecommunications.
- Maintains department schedule by maintaining calendars for department personnel; arranging meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Completes requests by greeting customers, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Prepares reports by collecting information.
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Keeps equipment operational by following manufacturer instructions and established procedures.
- Secures information by completing database backups.
- Provides historical reference by utilizing filing and retrieval systems.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reading secretarial publications.
- Must be able to use a variety of software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, etc., to produce correspondence and documents and maintain presentations, records, spreadsheets and databases.
- Devise and maintaining office systems.
- Book rooms and conference facilities when the need arises.
- Use content management systems to maintain and update websites and internal databases, attending meetings, taking minutes and keeping notes.
- Liaise with staff in other departments and with external contacts.
- Organise and store paperwork, documents and computer-based information.
- Photocopying and printing various documents, sometimes on behalf of other colleagues.
Desired Skills, Qualification & Experience:
- Administrative Writing Skills, Reporting Skills, Supply Management, Scheduling, Microsoft Office Skills, Professionalism, Confidentiality, Organization, Travel Logistics, Typing, Verbal Communication
- Must be a graduate BSC/ HND in secretarial studies or related field.
- Must have carried out similar function with a minimum of three (3) years post NYSC.