Stanbic IBTC Holdings PLC is a full service financial services group with a clear focus on three main business pillars - Corporate and Investment Banking, Personal and Business Banking and Wealth Management.
Stanbic IBTC Bank legally became part of Standard Bank Group 24th August 2007. The Standard Bank Group merged its Nigerian operations, Stanbic Bank Nigeria with that of IBTC Chartered Bank PLC. Stanbic IBTC Bank is a major financial service provider engaged in personal banking, business banking, credit cards, corporate banking, non-interest banking and wealth and investment banking in Nigeria.
Business Manager (Investment Banking)
To provide support to the management of Investment Banking and business heads within the IB covering: (a) Financial and management control including budgeting and reporting (b) Risk & compliance, (c) Credit-related support and (d) Management of relationship with internal clients such as Client Coverage, TPS, Credit, Finance and Risk management and other internal clients as may be required to effectively manage business performance.
The job holder will therefore be expected to:
• Provides timely and relevant client performance data and market intelligence for effective management decision making: weekly and monthly performance reports in relation to income, expenses, pipelines, key client activity, etc
• Quality control and management of all Business reporting and MIS for IB, Corp Fin and DS
• Financial Control - Performance Monitoring and Variance analysis
• Be able to gather, interpret, analyze and present both financial and non financial information
• Provide adhoc reports and presentations for IB from time to time.
Financial & Management Control Functions
• Preparation of budgets for Investment Banking and its constituent units
• Monitoring budget vs performance
• Manage the General Ledger for IB, including Cost/profit Centre codes
• Assist with the management of the IB’s financial reports and other performance management targets including revenue and costs.
• Prepare weekly and month-end reports for management use - Internal Exco purposes as well as for matrix reporting purposes
• Preparation of Presentations for performance reporting purposes
• Work with stakeholders to “project manage” agreed actions arising from management meetings
• Liaise with Finance department on recognition of income and tax related issues.
• Keep and maintain adequate records of all business performance management data.
• Invoice tracking for IB
Risk & Compliance Functions
• Liaising with Risk & Compliance on behalf of the IB
• Managing the Risk Self Control Assessment Grid and coordinating the implementation of action points in the grid
• Acting as custodian of Risk & Compliance policies on behalf of the IB and monitoring compliance with same
• Preparing risk-related reports as and when needed
Credit & Business Support Functions Supports Deal Teams in the following areas:
• Assist in Annual Credit reviews for transactions in Investment Banking
• Track and monitor client product utilisations and revenue reporting
• Review provisioning of classified Risk Assets in IB’s loan book
• Preparing files for the annual audit process and assist in discussing, responding and reacting to comments raised by the Audit division;
• Keeping abreast of developments in the local, regional and international Financial markets;
• Ensuring all requisite administration and filing matters in relation to function are maintained and up to date;
• Assisting senior members of the IB and business heads in day-to-day work as delegated and carrying out other duties as required by the job;
• Ensuring that the policies and procedures of the bank are being followed.
• Preparing Ad-hoc financial and other reports and presentations for IB
• Liaise with IT on capturing/treatment/reporting of IB transactions on the Bank’s Banking application.
Associate, Real Estate Finance – Investment Banking
To provide support to Senior colleagues and Unit Heads for all administrative aspects involved throughout the entire Real Estate finance value chain process (i.e. origination, structuring, execution and closing of projects).
- Keeping abreast of developments in the local, regional (Nigeria and Ghana) and international Real Estate finance market;
- Assisting in writing credit application documents jointly with team members;
- Assist in developing financial advisory and or debt arranging mandates for identified opportunities;
- Developing, building and manipulation of excel spreadsheets and other comprehensive financial models for Real Estate finance transactions;
- Working in conjunction with other team members in putting forward innovative financing solutions to clients, the bank’s senior management and colleagues;
- Assist in handling client correspondence/contact/relationship from an office management perspective
- Preparing and distributing client Calling Reports in a timely manner;
- Establishing, developing and maintaining relationships with existing and potential clients and accompanying other senior members of the bank at client meetings;
- Assist in undertaking financial analysis of company / projects and project financial statements and preparing brief internal reports based on findings;
- Assist in developing scopes of work / terms of reference for Technical, Legal, Valuation, Insurance and other relevant consultants required for validating project and company assumptions;
- Assist in undertaking data gathering for model / spreadsheet inputs and working alongside relevant consultants in finalizing Base Case model;
- Assist in undertaking “high-level” review of project documents in coordination with relevant consultants;
- Assist in developing and completion of project deliverables (i.e. Information Memoranda, Project
- Timetable, Financial Models, Term Sheets, etc);
- Monitoring and following up on deliverables being prepared by consultants assigned to transactions;
- Assist in preparing presentation materials and presenting deal structures to other units within the bank, at client marketing pitches and to co-financiers;
- Assist in submitting Work In Progress Reports to senior management located in Nigeria and South Africa;
- Preparing transaction summaries identifying key follow-up and monitoring steps after transaction closing for the benefit of other business groups;
- Preparing files as to be ready for the annual audit process and assist in discussing, responding and reacting to comments raised by the Audit division;
- Assist senior members of the department in day-to-day work as delegated and carrying out other duties as required by the job;
- Ensure that the policies and procedures of the bank are being followed.
Key Performance Measures
- Assists in providing support for the preparation of business plans and budgets on a unit and
- Real Estate Finance Unit – Investment Banking
Job Description (Associate)
- department basis;
- Assist in contributing to and delivering financial targets on transactions as agreed with the line
- manager, personal objectives and Key Result Areas.
- Perform calls to existing and potential customers to follow up on opportunities and support in the
- presenting of the bank’s credentials;
- With guidance from the respective unit head and senior colleagues, interact on a select basis with
- clients on mandated transactions until project achieves financial closing;
- Assist in preparing and reviewing memos and proposals;
- Working with the Unit Head to ensure that all compliance issues (i.e. KYC etc) are suitably addressed;
- Ensure that the policies and procedures of the bank are being followed;
- Assist in identifying, pursuing and executing agreed business in a professional manner and within the
- framework as set out by the bank;
- Assist in preparing transaction summaries, assist in identifying key follow-up and monitoring steps in
- co-ordination with the Transaction Management Unit after transaction closing;
- Keeping the Transaction Management Unit fully up to date on transactions prior to hand-over at
- financial close;
- Working alongside the Transaction Management Unit in attending general asset monitoring requests;
- Taking guidance and liaising with Legal and Risk Officers to ensure all necessary documentation on
- transactions are suitably addressed;
- Assist in providing clarifications and responding / reacting to comments received from the Audit
- Assist unit head and colleagues in the day-to-day work as delegated.
- Working in co-ordination with individuals from other divisions, and in particular members of the
- investment banking team to enhance teamwork efforts within the division;
- Provide guidance to junior members of staff in undertaking their duties;
- Provide support in allocation tasks to junior members of staff;
- Take a proactive approach towards the job holders own personal learning and development;
- Adhere to the core values of Stanbic IBTC and apply professional codes of conduct at all times;
- Key Dimensions of the Job
- The job holder will be required to guide junior members of staff in undertaking their duties
Method of Application