Pernod Ricard is the world’s co-leader in wines and spirits with consolidated sales of € 7,945 million in 2013/14.
Created in 1975 by the merger of Ricard and Pernod, the Group has undergone sustained development, based on both organic growth and acquisitions: Seagram (2001), Allied Domecq (2005) and Vin & Sprit (2008).
Pernod Ricard holds one of the most prestigious brand portfolios in the sector: ABSOLUT Vodka, Ricard pastis, Ballantine’s, Chivas Regal, Royal Salute and The Glenlivet Scotch whiskies, Jameson Irish whiskey, Martell cognac, Havana Club rum, Beefeater gin, Kahlúa and Malibu liqueurs, G.H.Mumm and Perrier-Jouët champagnes, as well as Jacob’s Creek, Brancott Estate, Campo Viejo and Graffigna wines.
Pernod Ricard employs a workforce of nearly 18 800 people and operates through a decentralised organisation, with 6 “Brand Companies” and 80 “Market Companies” established in each key market.
Pernod Ricard is strongly committed to a sustainable development policy and encourages responsible consumption.
Pernod Ricard’s strategy and ambition are based on 3 key values that guide its expansion: entrepreneurial spirit, mutual trust and a strong sense of ethics.
Key Accounts Executive
Partners with key account customers to develop the Pernod Ricard brands and optimise profitability. Implements the business plans and promotional activities.
Coordinates account management activities in territory to provide a good customer experience.
JOB SCOPE AND CONTEXT:
Field based with 10% time spent in HQ, local/international travels
Target driven, pressured environment
1. Sales and growth in market share are increased through targeted sales activities.
A. Support a strategic business plan for the allocated key accounts
- Execute plans completed in consultation with Sales Director and customers
- Executions are customer focused, include channel strategies and take into account the objectives of PRN
- Market share sales and sales targets pursued with rigour
- Sales/promotion plan executed in line with budget and taking resources into account.
B. Implement the business plan
- Plans are reviewed and adjusted depending on the market environment
- Weekly reviews completed with customers and reports submitted to NKAM
- Customised activity plans for each customer followed
- PRN brands and POS material presented to a high standard
- Calls and sales volumes recorded
- Documentation required for the opening of new accounts collated
- Objectives for each key account customer achieved
- Win-win customer deals negotiated
- Pricing is managed at a responsible level and ensures that retailers make a healthy margin on PRN brands
- Plans implemented within agreed budget parameters
- Customer queries and problems resolved OTIF
C. Maximise sales through promotions and category management
- Promotions managed within budget and in line with brand strategies
- Store layout, category development and shopper behaviour used to maximise return on investment
- PRN range is listed correctly and in line with the customer key account profile
D. Coordinate the key account activities
- Cycle Activities planned and managed
- Activities tracked and priorities set
- Deadlines met
1. Productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders maintained
A. Develop a collaborative relationship with Sales Operations Manager
- Trade spend utilised appropriately
- Promotions and deals communicated effectively
B. Develop a collaborative relationship with Trade Marketing Manager and Marketing
- Right quantities of POS advised
- Promotions cycles respected
- Trade marketing plans delivered according to agreed deadlines and in line with brand strategies
C. Liaise with the Area Sales Managers
- Area Sales Managers aware of key account business plans as well as the monthly/ quarterly promotional cycles
D. Build relationships with customers (Head Office and stores)
- Increased sales volumes negotiated
- Customer queries and problems resolved effectively
1. Budget managed effectively
A. Advise NKAM annual capital and operational expenses
- Accurate forecasts made
- Budget compiled and approved in line with policy guidelines
B. Manage costs against approved budget
- Potential areas of saving and optimisation highlighted
- Expenditure aligns with budget
Employee Management & Motivation
1. Talented staff recruited, developed, managed and motivated
A. Recruit talented Promoters and Merchandisers
- Vacancies filled in line with policies,
- Suitably qualified equity candidates given preference
B. Develop employees
- Suitable development opportunities and training identified
- Development plans implemented
- Promoters & Merchandisers are coached
- Knowledge and training is applied
- Promotions recommended where appropriate & Applicable
C. Manage performance
- PR vision and values shared
- Expectations and objectives clearly communicated
- Performance monitored through review meetings held at least monthly.
- Feedback on performance provided
- Promoters & merchandisers salaries paid on time & in full
Desired Skills and Experience
- Degree Level.
- 3 years commercial experience (liquor industry or in a FMCG environment will be added advantage)
- Drivers License