Freedom Foundation (FF) is a faith based, non-profit organization, committed to addressing the ever-mounting and staggering challenges facing members of society living in absolute poverty. Freedom Foundation’s model includes Rehabilitation, Education, Empowerment, Research, and Awareness Promotion and it actively partners with the government, other NGOs, civil society organizations and corporate institutions to ensure the delivery of human services at the greatest points of impact. Freedom Foundation is the corporate social responsibility arm of the House of Freedom (HOF), a network of faith-based initiatives which include Churches (known as Expressions), NGOs, Projects, and Shared Services.
GENESIS HOUSE PROGRAM MANAGER
Responsible for overseeing, facilitating, and coordinating the activities of clients & volunteers, ensuring the optimum treatment, care, and service delivery. S/he acts as an advocate for Genesis House clients, ensuring their welfare, comfort, discipline, and support. S/he sets the house rules and procedures and serves as the “go-to” person whenever staff have immediate concerns or needs to be addressed. S/he acts as Director when the Director is unavailable and supports the Program Director in all aspects of the Program.
Leadership and Management Activities
- Support the Program Director in activity planning, budget development, and preparing management reports for the Program Board, Executive Secretary, and the Board of Trustees.
- Ensure periodic (monthly and quarterly) generation of accurate management reports (accounting reports, staff performance, monitoring and evaluation reports, etc.) for review by the Program Director, Executive Secretary, and Program Board.
- Participate in management team meetings and attend Board meetings.
Program Planning and Management
- Oversee program delivery, quality of care, and client welfare.
- Engage in the iterative process of program design and development in order to deliver efficient and effective services to clients.
- Review program design, efficiency and effectiveness and make recommendations to the Program Director and Executive Secretary.
- Manages program staff, consultants, and volunteers to ensure end-to-end seamless delivery of program services.
- Establish weekly case review meetings to track progress of clients to ensure coordinated implementation of treatment plans and service utilization.
- Evaluate treatment procedures to ensure attainment of objectives and goals regarding rehabilitation.
- Ensure all staff and program services are in compliance with legal and ethical standards as set by local regulatory agencies and international best practices.
- Evaluate and process incoming client eligibility for GH Rehabilitation process.
- Responsible for the supervision of the admissions, intake/discharge processes.
- Liaise and train staff of parent and partner organizations involved with outreach on how to appropriately properly profile prospective clients.
- Provide supervision, crisis intervention, case conferencing and support to program staff.
- Oversees the quality of care at Genesis House to its clients.
- Effectively leverages partner agencies and programs in this field to widen service provision and ensure continuity in type and level of patient care.
- Track program metrics according to established M&E practices and for program grants.
- Perform clients’ periodic progress evaluation, document and submit report to GH Program Director on or before the 30th of the reporting month.
- Maintain clients’ personal files as highly confidential.
- Recruit / engage volunteers ensuring all vacancies are filled.
- Participate in fundraising and grant writing process. Ensure availability of data for all grants process.
- Occasionally participate in special events, fundraising, and public presentations.
Any other duties as assigned by the Program Director and/or Executive Secretary
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (Social Work, medicine, Social Policy, Psychology, Economics, Statistics, etc.)
- Master’s Degree strongly preferred (Social Policy, Public Health, Social Work, Behavioural Sciences, etc.)
- 6 – 8 work years’ experience, minimum 3 years in a similar role and minimum 3 years in a managerial role.
- Knowledge and experience in various therapeutic orientations and treatment modalities with gender specificity – women; emphasis on faith-based methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills: team building, negotiation, and Conflict resolution skills