Diageo is the name behind many of the World's best loved drinks including Guinness, Smirnoff, Johnnie Walker, Baileys, Malta Guinness, J&B, Gordons Gin and Tanqueray.
Africa Regional Markets (ARM) is a Diageo business made up of over 40 markets across the breadth of Africa. The business models range from fully integrated demand and supply businesses in Ghana and Cameroun, newly integrated businesses in Ethiopia and Mozambique to Partnerships in a number of West, Central and Southern African countries and Angola.
Tax and Payroll Manager
- The Tax and Payroll Manager will functions as an internal tax administrator/insurance specialist /Adviser to the business.
- Ensure the development, update of the company’s tax and otherrelated policies and guidelines
- Manage scheduling, payment and returns of State and Federal Government Taxes
- Ensure provision of insurance cover for the company’s assets
- Ensure all payroll transactions are delivered promptly, accurately and completely.
- Diageo, statutory and management Tax Reporting.
- Ensure Controls around Accounting for taxation meets a minimum of ‘satisfactory’ CARM rating.
a) Market Complexity
- The Tax and Payroll Manager is required to play a significant leadership role within RTR team to ensure that the functional/ business agenda are closely aligned.
- Ensures timely, accurate and relevant financial information are reported to management and Diageo. Also ensures the company complies with the statutory reporting requirements.
- He is responsible for implementing all CARM controls effectively and efficiently in all areas under his control as highlighted above.
b) Leadership and Functional Capabilities
Tax & Insurance Management:
- Prompt payment of all taxes due to the state and federal government.
- Ensure all tax related risks are captured in the tax risk matrix and circulated to relevant stakeholders
- Ensure prompt completion of tax Magnitude Validation Model in conjunction with tax consultants.
- Manage relationship with tax consultants to ensure company tax objectives are delivered to time and in line with appropriate legislation
- Satisfactory compliance with tax controls as required by CARM.
- All tax queries and correspondences are responded to and appropriate steps taken to avoid penalties due to non-compliance.
- Ensure all relevant aspects of local tax legislation are fully embedded in the company’s tax declaration and continuously monitor compliance of same.
- Steer, advise and support the company’s financials from tax perspectives.
- Prompt monthly reconciliation of tax related accounts
- Oversee the risk management process and ensure adequate insurance cover for the company’s assets
- Manage relationships with Insurance Brokers to optimize value from our policies
- Ensure compliance with local insurance legislation
- Negotiate the company to a position of strength on all insurance policies
- Ensure prompt reporting and processing of claims
- Develop and document insurance policy & procedures
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Graduate caliber plus membership of Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria with relevant work experience.
- Minimum of 7 years experience with proven integrity.
- Sound IT knowledge in the use of outlook (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Working knowledge in accounting package-SAP (All modules).
Corporate Communications Manager- Temporary Placement
- The role sits in Lagos but involves travel across all company locations
- The role has responsibility for corporate, investment, brand and employee communications
- Drive the creation of best practice leadership communications and drive standards of leadership engagement within the company
- Lead on raising leadership communications capability across the company especially in the area of external engagement
Purpose of Role
The purpose of the role is to help Guinness Nigeria achieve its vision of becoming the most celebrated company in Nigeria and to beat the competition through defining and driving standards of leadership engagement, brand and corporate PR.
- Contribute to the formulation of strategy for the organisation ensuring that all communication policies and programmes support the organization’s overall strategic direction. This will include:
- Directing the development of company positioning messages to be adopted into all Communications/PR materials
- Directing the preparation and maintenance of regular and special reports desired by the business
- Manage a comprehensive employee communications strategy and plan that directly supports the business strategy, vision and values and uses a range of appropriate tools and is measurable
- Responsible for the development, preparation, design and evaluation of communication initiatives in line with plan e.g. weekly newsletter, leadership communications, project communications
- Developing and executing plans for the design, writing and production of external communications materials, including brochures, memos, newsletters, etc.
- Ensure optimal management of the PR agencies
- Initiating and monitoring communication activities in order to realize the desired uniform and integral positioning of the company
- Communication excellence through the development and innovation of ways to engage the business
- Design, prepare and rollout internal employee surveys as and when required by the business. Collate feedback.
- Be responsible for communicating to the internal audiences in times of a crisis.
- Manage a robust and integrated employee communications forum to facilitate sharing of best practice, cross-functional working and management of timely corporate and brand communication(s)
- Ensure message consistency and adoption of communication principles through building relationships with all key functions and audiences and coaching of Guinness Leadership Team.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Bachelor degree and post graduate qualification in PR, marketing or journalism is preferable.
- Minimum 8 year’s experience working at a strategic level on business or brand related communications.
- Superior writing and oral communication skills
- Proven track record of managing communication’s issues in a sensitive / controversial environment.
- Proven track record in communications and communication strategy development
- Capable of leading the communications planning process and facilitating broader involvement in this process.
- Exposure to influencing at senior management level
Regulatory Affairs Manager (Temporary Placement)
The role of the Regulatory Affairs Manager is to bring focus to those issues that can have a positive or negative influence on business, depending on how they are managed.
Working within the CR function, this role will support and advise the business on all aspects of regulation, legislative change and political issues. Working closely with the Innovation and brand teams, the Quality department and other teams, the role will assist in positioning the business to influence legislative and regulatory changes. In addition it will assist the business in understanding and interpreting various laws and policies and to maintain a consistent approach to external stakeholder and regulatory management. The aim is to ensure that regulatory management is aligned to the strategic plans of the business.
The role requires a deep understanding of the business and the political and regulatory environment. It also requires an understanding of regional trade policies, governments and political processes and a track record of dealing with government officials and regulatory authorities.
This role will be looking to make a significant contribution to the business
- The role sits in Lagos but involves travel across the country
- The role has responsibility for removing obstacles and fostering opportunities in the regulatory framework for the business and for managing relationships with stakeholders especially on regulatory issue.
Purpose of Role
The purpose of this role is to ensure that Guinness Nigeria has the strategic policy and external stakeholder engagement processes in place to support a proactive, strategic approach to achieving its mandate and vision. The role will work on corporate policy development (i.e. providing advice and support and developing policies and guidelines to strengthen relationships with external stakeholders).
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
- Lead and manage Guinness Nigeria’s corporate interests in the area of regulatory affairs within the market.
- Collaborate with industry bodies and other stakeholders to ensure Guinness Nigeria’s representation and integration on policy and external relations activities.
- Provide advice and support to industry bodies that play a leadership role in regulatory relations
- Coordinate and monitor the development and implementation of regulatory policies, for example, Nigeria Standards with SON, NAFDAC, and CODEX ensuring a consistent approach across Nigeria.
- To support Guinness Nigeria on all aspects of regulatory relations.
- To facilitate relationship development with relevant external stakeholders and regulators in order to support Guinness Nigeria’s business strategies and objectives.
- To drive relationships relevant to the regulatory environment in order to support business opportunity
Qualifications and Experience Required
- First degree
- Minimum of 5 years regulatory experience
- High level computer literacy
- Outstanding interpersonal, writing and presentation skills
- Excellent relationship management - ability to achieve results through others
- Capability to develop/capture and shape research and data (academic and statistical) and concepts around policy development.
- Relationships with regulators across Nigeria will be an added advantage.
Barriers to Success in Role
- Lack of appropriate relationships / advocacy experience
- Inability to think/act strategically, creatively and proactively
- Inability to see the bigger picture and understand business goals
- Requirement for extensive direction
- Poor judgment and relationship building skills
Note: Select SEARCH OPENINGS, Select NIGERIA and then Click SEARCH.