Software Engineer - Operations
Splashers Technologies Limited, is a pioneered global software outsourcing and consulting in Nigeria and has maintained the leading status since 2000. We have a team of over 20 software consultants, developers, testers and web/graphics designers
Are you someone who is regarded as a computer junky? Do you live, breathe and sleep codes? Do you easily find solutions to technological challenges? Have you built innovation software applications? Do you think you have what it takes to deliver effectively as a software developer in a fast growing software technology company? Do you have what it takes to build a multi-billion dollar company?
If you answered yes to the questions above, we want you and if you aint there yet but aspiring to be, we still want you!!
Build and Release Management
- Deployment of applications and maintenance of deployed applications
- Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Lead effort to identify and build out the needed Development, QA, Production and other environments
- Drive DevOps processes, including Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment
Operations and Support
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems, system data and database are successfully backed up to the appropriate media.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Track application and system health issues and present regular metrics to affected stakeholders
- Actively monitor the system operations to maintain good system health, including application/system up time and remote diagnostics
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- 1+ years Release Engineering/Configuration Management or Change Control Experience.
- Good understanding of version control system (preferably GIT and SVN), incident tracking tools (eg: JIRA) and build/deployment tools (eg: Jenkins, Nexus, Anthill Pro, Udeploy).
- High level understanding of .NET based application builds and deployments.
- Good understanding of management and maintenance of relational and non relational databases
- Knowledge of .NET Architecture/Web Deployments/IIS
- Good knowledge of server scripting on windows environment
- Experience in Continuous Integration and delivery process.
- Experience and solid understanding of Devops principles and practices
- Ability to think and plan long-term, but execute to these goals in short-term as incremental change will work best in this organization.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to any given situation.
- Ability to work under pressure and in high stress situations with a calm demeanor.
- Experience in defining process and procedures to manage the release cycle for both Major feature releases and cycles of Minor Releases.
- Experience with working with rapid, overlapping product release cycles.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), interpersonal skills, as well as outstanding organizational skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to drive issues to closure and work well within a deadline-driven environment.
- Good understanding and experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- Bachelorís Degree with coursework in Computer Science, Information Systems or related degree
Remuneration: Competitive based on experience