At SIMS Nigeria Limited, we specialize in the distribution and sales of electronic products from major brands such as SAMSUNG, ROYAL, PARSUN and POWERMATIC.
Our business started out in 1987 and since then we have succeeded in carving a niche for ourselves in the home appliances market in Nigeria. We operate a number of branches that cut across most of Nigeria’s geopolitical zones; in major cities such as Lagos, Port Harcourt, Onitsha, Enugu, Kano and Abuja.
Our longstanding reputation has earned us a status as Nigeria’s lead player in the electronics industry and as a result, we decided to go further by partnering with SAMSUNG to establish a local manufacturing line for its air conditioners and refrigerators in 2004. This, coupled with our state-of-the-art service centre that caters to consumers who buy our products, ensures that our customers enjoy the best quality of service from us and the best performance possible from their electronics.
Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
Job Objective: The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for planning, directing and controlling the day to day financial functions of the company in order to enable strategic and operational decision making, and to ensure compliance with the company’s requirements. Whilst broad in its mandate, this position has responsibility to create and maintain an environment of robust and effective financial reporting processes, procedures and controls.
Grade Level: M3 – M5
Reports To: Managing Director
Supervises: Chief Accountant, Treasury Manager, Head, Credit Control
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure all taxation and legislative requirements are complied as at when due.
- Conduct timely balance sheet reconciliation for review by MD and Executive Management.
- Oversee the preparation and management of the capital and operating planning requirements of the company to ensure effective performance, treasury and financial management.
- Analyze business performance/results & provide feedback to Executive Management for decision making purposes.
- In conjunction with the MD, source and identify suitable financial services providers for the company.
- Maintain integrity of the company’s accounting system (including ERP software), ensuring it remains effective and operational at all times.
- Manage expenditure in-line with budget approvals.
- Participates in preparation of regulations aimed at improving the financial and accounting management of the company.
- Management of funds disbursement from HQ & all branches.
Budgeting/ Forecasting, Cash-Flow Mgt and Financial Reporting
- Oversee the preparation & presentation of all financial and statutory reports for the company.
- Drive and administer the planning, budgeting (operating and capital expenditure budgets) and forecasting activities to enable timely & well-guided decision making.
- In conjunction with the MD, ensure that business cash flow adequately supports company work activities and produces optimal results.
- Collate all relevant information to produce end of year statutory accounts for the company.
- Ensure that end of year statutory accounts report is finalized by specified date and presented for review.
- Review and produce company’s profit and loss reports.
Regulatory and Statutory Compliance
- Develop, champion and implement procedures, policies and internal controls to ensure efficient business processes to support the attainment of the company’s business objectives
- On an annual basis, reconcile company tax, payroll tax & workers compensation against general ledger for review by Management.
- Collect and collate all necessary documentation in readiness and preparation of company tax returns; perform specified elements of company tax return for review by external accountants.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Prompt and adequate financial reporting
- ROI Index
- Timely preparation of budgets.
- Company profitability
- Maintenance of acceptable working capital ratios
- Nil penalties for non-compliance with statutory obligations
- Account payable and receivable process optimization.
- Profit per branch/dealer.
Learning & Growth
- Organizational financial growth.
EDUCATION/ PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATION:
- A degree in finance, accounting, business management of any other related fields. A Post-graduate degree will be an added advantage.
- Must be a member/fellow of a recognized accounting professional body: ICAN, ACCA, CIMA, etc.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in finance management with 7 years of it in senior management/leadership role.
- Industry experience would be an advantage as is previous experience working in a retail/fmcg, telco or manufacturing environment.
- Must be IT literate with good experience in implementing and using an ERP.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to lead a diverse team to achieve department and organizational demands is fundamental as is understanding protocol when interacting with management together with maintaining a high degree of sensitivity and confidentiality.
35 - 45
KEY SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Project Management
- Strategic orientation
- Strong mentoring ability
- Advanced planning skills
- Strong coordination skills
- Strong Negotiating skills
- Trend & Extrapolation
- Functional & Organisational Leadership
- Results orientation
- Team work
- Personal mastery
- Cultural awareness
- Good physical presence