Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Rwanda and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role
- The role is for an excellent storyteller that not only creates visually and high impact designs but intuitive and functional ones.
- You’ll be an integral part of designing the future of Andela’s online and offline marketing platforms.
- A background in shipping full-spectrum marketing campaigns and the gamut of marketing materials to a national and/or global audience and driving impactful results is a huge plus.
- Work directly with the Digital Marketing Manager, to ensure quality content is produced to drive the goals of the marketing team and ensure high conversions across Africa by collaborating with the rest of the Creative Communications teams.
- Design for consistent and seamless experiences across mediums that build our business and connection to our target audience across all Andela Locations.
- Own the visual communication of the Andela brand across all digital channels and 360 Media.
- Translate the Andela vision and values into brand elements that are cohesive, modern, and inviting.
- Create brand assets such as logos, iconography, illustrations, color palettes, patterns and other design elements when needed. Work on a range of ambitious projects including, but not limited to, UI designs, content graphics, social media graphics, event collateral, print materials, internal collateral, infographics, storyboards, and illustrations.
- Help the team produce its best work by clearly communicating brand guidelines regarding typography, color, layout, and art direction.
- Ensure Andela's visual design and brand consistency in all assets by producing high-quality visual designs and illustrations or assisting the team with rules and templates to follow.
- Stay informed about competitors, best practices, existing initiatives, past projects, and target audience research. Use data about the talent pool experience and research across all countries to improve designs across all digital channels.
- Collaborate with senior leaders, marketing peers, and talent managers to translate vision, feedback, and ideas into workable sketches, wireframes, and full visual designs.
- A portfolio that showcases your design work (including a few large scale projects), as well as your design process, strategic thinking, and planning behind it.
- Clear and strategic process for developing a brand marketing strategy
- A history of shipping high-powered and visually rich marketing campaigns
- Experience working on creative for social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
- Have outstanding organizational skills and experience building marketing systems as well as the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Work with stakeholders to ship brand marketing materials and campaigns that impact business goals
- Articulate why specific creative decisions were made to stakeholders
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience (Graphic Design or a similar area of study is preferred)
- A thorough understanding of designing for digital platforms and advanced proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud and Sketch/XD
- Exceptional skills and standards for typography, color, layout, storytelling, and detail in the design.
- Strong communication and writing skills, experience with content strategy, and understanding marketing business goals.
- Motivated to create excellent design work, share and learn with your design team, and driven to always be improving.
- Track record of creating exceptional materials for 360 Media (TV, Print, Digital Ads, Social media, etc)
- User interface design skills, producing designs in High fidelity mockups.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.