At PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC), our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. It is this focus which informs the services we provide and the decisions we make.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 250,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. In Africa we're the largest provider of professional services with close to 400 partners and over 9,000 people in 34 countries.
Manager - Information Technology Risk Assurance
Reference Number: 125-NIG00227
Job Profile Summary
- A career within Information Technology Risk Assurance services, will allow you to develop and apply strategies that help clients leverage enterprise technologies so they can get a higher return on their investment, mitigate risks, streamline processes, and find operational inefficiencies.
- We assist clients in understanding and challenging their current risk profiles and develop strategies to build digital confidence by embracing opportunities to stay competitive through building trust and resilience into their technology systems.
- We cover a wide range of disciplines, including risk evaluation, operational and strategic Information Technology processes, project governance, application implementation, data integrity, cyber security, and accounting/audit.
Job Roles & Responsibilities
- As a Manager, youíll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Leading and managing IT audit support, security and advisory engagements across a range of industries
- Responsible for delivering a range of IT Risk related Services across a range of industries. For example, IT general controls and compliance reviews, Automated application controls assessment, Third party assurance, CAATs, Pre and post implementation reviews, Data migration reviews
- Conduct automated application controls assessment
- Liaise with core Assurance teams to ensure that work done is aligned with overall engagement objectives in order to achieve timely review of the client's financial statements, business processes, IT General controls and the relevant automated application controls.
- Assess IT risk in a wide range of operations and activities and suggest pragmatic IT risk mitigation activities
- Manage a considerable number of non-audit engagements.
- Planning and executing strategies to achieve and exceed revenue goals
- Ensuring all work is conducted in accordance with PwCís Quality Assurance standards.
- Involve in Practice management and business development activities for Risk Assurance.
- Bachelor's and/ or postgraduate degree in one of the following: Accounting, Finance/Economics, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, and/or other business fields of study. Minimum of second class upper;
- Experience in the use of ACL / SQL;
- Experience in the review of Flexcube. Finacle, Navision, SAP, Oracle ERP is an advantage
- Experience in the review of IT infrastructure (operating systems, databases and network systems) is an advantage;
- Possession of professional certifications such as CISA Qualified.
- Must be working in a consulting/Audit firm with experience in IT audit of diverse sector
- Experience in IT Audit, Software testing, Application testing;
- Strong project management skills and interpersonal skills;
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills;
- Pursue opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of your comfort zone
- A passion for delivering an exceptional client service and building trusted relationships.
- Ability to analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firmís/clientís expectations.
- Focus on developing a perspective on key global trends, including globalisation, and how they impact the firm and our clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties
- Focus on upholding the firmís code of ethics and business conduct
- A proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships with clients
- Effective communication skills when working at all levels
- Possess the ability and maturity to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty.
- Ability to coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
- Ability to perform and deliver on multiple commitments concurrently with ease and professionalism