Nasarawa State University, Keffi was established under the Nasarawa State Law No.2 of 2001. At present, the University runs a robust Postgraduate Programmes of international repute and Seventy Three (73) Undergraduate programmes across eight (8) Faculties, namely; Administration, Agriculture, Arts, Education, Natural & Applied Sciences, Law, Social Sciences and Environmental Science. The University is one of the vibrant and fastest growing citadels of learning in Nigeria and is situated at about 50 kilometers from the Federal Capital, Abuja.
We invite applications for the position below:
Director of Works and Maintenance
- The Governing Council of Nasarawa State University, Keffi hereby announces that the position of Director of Works and Maintenance of the University is vacant and so invites interested and qualified candidates to submit their applications
Summary of Position
- The Director, Works and Maintenance is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the construction and supervision of projects on Campus, general maintenance of buildings, provision of water and electricity for the University.
- The Director must be a person of high integrity and demonstrate transparency in public and private life as well as command the respect and loyalty of the staff of the University.
Candidates for this post shall:
- Possess good honours Degree or equivalent from a recognized University / Tertiary Institution in Building Engineering, Public Works, Estate Management, Quantity Surveying, Town Planning or Architecture.
- Possession of a Postgraduate qualification is an added advantage
- Must have a minimum of fifteen (15) years post qualification cognate experience in a University or other similar organization.
- Candidate must be a registered member of relevant professional and regulatory bodies
- The Candidate must have spent at least five (5) years as Deputy Director in a tertiary institution or other similar organization
- Candidate must also be computer literate and proficient in relevant computer applications.
Condition of Service
- The appointment shall be for a single term of five years. Fringe benefits are as applicable to similar positions in Nasarawa State University Keffi, and as may be determined by the Governing Council from time to time.
- The salary attached to this position is CONTISS 15. Other benefits to the holder of the office are as stipulated in the University’s Conditions of Service.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit fifteen (15) copies of their Applications and Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of their credentials. The Curriculum Vitae should highlight the following:
- Full name (Surname first in capital letters)
- Place and Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and ages of children
- E-mail and telephone numbers
- Postal address
- Permanent Home address
- State of Origin and LGA
- Schools attended and qualifications obtained with dates
- Positions held with dates
- Membership of professional bodies
- Names and address of three (3) referees
Applications should be submitted under confidential cover in sealed envelope marked "Director of Works and Maintenance" to:
Nasarawa State University, Keffi,
P.M.B. 1022, Keffi,
Note: Applicants are expected to request their Referees to forward their reports under confidential cover directly to the Registrar