9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Manager, Application Development
- Responsible for managing a team of developers responsible for EMTS applications development and analysis function. Evaluates existing applications to determine technical changes, schedules projects, resources, and monitor project timelines. Oversees feasibility researches, estimates project timeline and cost.
- Enables the businesses runs smoothly by planning, coordinating and supervising all activities related to an organization's software applications, by cultivating a broad understanding of business operations and supporting the business to reach its goals for productivity and profitability
- Work with Developers to implement proposed solutions
- Create 'user friendly' documentation that captures the proposed technical solutions
- Review features and code so it complies to the proposed ideas
- Prototype possible optimizations
- Advise on best solutions on multiple projects
- Write core parts of the solutions
- You have a real passion for great engineering practices such as unit and integration testing, refactoring and code reviews
- Profiling and optimizing performance
- Strong object-oriented design and programming in one or more of the following: Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, C++, or Python
- Researching and solving technical problems
- Maintaining of delivered code
- Writing unit and integration tests for delivered functionalities
- You'll work on a distributed platform with a growing set of microservices
- Working closely with management team in evaluating current systems and making decisions on future development
- Assist in creating and implementing development discipline best practices
- Provide feedback on performance considerations or coding practices that impact performance
- Develop, analyze, review and modify applications through the complete life cycle of product development
- Works closely with IT team members to design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain all tiers of one or more applications
- Present development concepts and solutions to non-technical stakeholders.
- Ensuring the entire stack is designed and built for speed and scalability
- Integrating our front-end UI with the constructed API
- Design and implementation of continuous integration and deployment
- Participation in the process to establish application and systems requirements for new projects or enhancements to existing services.
- Preparation and/or review of functional and technical specifications for products/services
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors during project development to review progress
- Preparation and deployment of pre-requisites for project deliverables
- B.Sc / HND Computer Sciences, Statistics/Information Technology or equivalent/ Computer Engineering
- Experience in full stack development.
- Must have manage team for minimum of 2 years.
- Relevant IT professional certifications
- Strong knowledge of IOT, Messaging and VIOP development
- Experience implementing testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficiency with Git
- Appreciation for clean and well documented code
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Experience should include all phases of software lifecycle.
- Experience at interfacing with Vendors and Equipment Suppliers
- Understand Project Management Methodology
- Proficiency with server-side languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, PHP and .Net
- Familiarity with database technology such as MySQL, Oracle and MongoDB.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Proven experience as a full stack developer or similar role
- Experience developing desktop and mobile applications
- Familiarity with common stacks
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Great attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- An analytical mind
- Experience in or with:
- Continuous integration
- Test-driven development
- FLOW/JSON RPC
- Web and enterprise related technologies such as go-ethereum/Solidity, Node.js, AngularJS, Python, React js, React native Go, or Rust.
- Low-level application development in C++ or Go
- Tools: Git
Experience, Skills & Competencies:
- Must be a Senior Full Stack Software Developer with expertise in building cutting edge web/ mobile applications
- Ability to Manage Developer under special Project with Telecoms experience.
- Work closely with product managers, business leads and user community to ensure that all client-facing functions and features on both our website and mobile apps are intuitive, fast, efficient and fully meet our customers' needs
- The Developer must be an expert in managing changes and updates real-time with little room for any downtime or fail-over since the platform runs 24x7.
- The ideal Developers must be passionate about emerging business & technology models as well as working in a space full of unknowns
- Must be enthusiastic and rigorous when tackling new problems, extremely versatile, and be ready to thrive in an agile, test-driven development and automated testing environment.
- Good knowledge of version control software
- Strong independent problem solver with good initiative
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and documentation skills
- Streamline information systems and processes.
- Apply network theory and design principles to real-world scenarios.
- Demonstrate the technical expertise necessary for today's complex business needs.
- Assist with strategic planning and manage a team of software application specialists.