Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development. The company made history on August 5, 2001 by becoming the first telecoms operator to launch commercial GSM services in Nigeria and has scored a series of many "firsts" in the highly competitive Nigerian telecommunications market including the first to introduce toll-free 24-hour customer care; first to launch service in all the six geo-political zones in the country; first to introduce affordable recharge denominations; first to introduce monthly free SMS and first to introduce monthly airtime bonus.
A truly innovative company, Airtel has showed resilience, charting new paths in meeting the demands and needs of its esteemed stakeholders and enhancing distribution as well as providing affordable services to empower more Nigerians.
In Nigeria, Airtel is working tirelessly to live up to an ambitious vision of being the most loved brand in the daily lives of Nigerians as it offers a superior brand experience and a portfolio of innovative products & services ranging from exciting voice solutions to inventive data packages and mobile broadband.
SME Manager (Enterprise Business)
To sustain and enhance targeted gross revenue and gross acquisition in respective SME business by effective implementation of lanned sales and channel management strategies.
Implementation, acquisition and retention strategy for prospective and existing accounts through direct sales agents (DSA) channel
- Responsible for the implementation, acquisition & retention strategy for prospective and existing accounts
- Manage performance management tools for DSA (Direct Sales Agent) channels and channel managers
- Provide strategic support to enhance the delivery on targets
Evolving account development and relationship management process for accounts in the channel guided by the signed service agreement
- Deploy relevant metrics to routinely monitor progress against targets and recommend appropriate remedial actions to ensure targets are met or exceeded
- Develop procedures for setting corporate targets and communication sales targets and monitoring performance
- Grow the usage of corporate products in the states allocated to him/ her
Proactive competitor intelligence and market insight
- Monitor and collate all activities of competition and implement or recommend counter measures to win competition
- Encourage and develop opportunities to have Airtel presence in SME companies
DSA performance reporting and analysis
- Develop good relationship management processes with both existing accounts and prospective customers
- Ensure that sales call plans and performance trackers are kept to date
- Report timely of all initiatives , potential prospects, queries, challenges, call plan and new sales made
- Maintain and manage database of all acquisition via the channel in your region/state or zone
- Provide sales performance data to support management decision making
Excellent relationship management with DSAs, existing and prospective post-paid subscribers in the zone or state or region
- Create symbiotic relationships in events sponsorship with accounts in view to drive sale of our SME products and revenue growth
- Establish performance expectations and regularly review individual performance
- Effectively manage channel salesman incentive targets to ensure drive for greater performance
- Continuously motivate frontline by leading by leading from the front end and ensuring that all escalations are promptly taken care of
Desired Skills and Experience
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
- A University Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related course
- 3-5 years preferably in FMCG, Consumables & telecom
- 3-5 years’ experience in managing sales channel or Key Accounts
- Sales channel management or key account management, presentation, report writing and basic computer skills
- Responding to market dynamics and recommending measures to increase sales from existing & new accounts.
- Constantly tracking and reviewing channel partners activities and pre-empting counter solution for market expansion.
- Managing sales team effectively to deliver on targets
- Managing and monitoring DSA
- Expanding our acquisition drive, and retaining accounts.
- Creating visibility of Airtel products and services
- Effective and timely communication of all schemes and product launches to existing customers and channel partners
- Expanding SME/SMB sales coverage by appointing new channel partners
Personal Characteristics & Behavior
- Achieving Results & Delighting the Customer
- Team Player; Independent, Confident, and Objective
- Attention to detail/ excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Ready to achieve beyond set target
- Committed to common goals and values of the organization.