The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
MTN Nigeria is part of the MTN Group, Africa's leading cellular telecommunications company. On May 16, 2001, MTN became the first GSM network to make a call following the globally lauded Nigerian GSM auction conducted by the Nigerian Communications Commission earlier in the year. Thereafter the company launched full commercial operations beginning with Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt.
Senior Manager, Performance Management
- Extract value from what we already have through divisional focused commercial activities such as: divisional business optimisation projects, contracts review and negotiation, capital/budget efficiency activities within division, etc.
- Innovation – identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., through stimulating new business opportunities, divisional products launched, division product/process innovation, structural changes within division, etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by influencing state/local legislations & policies, participating in local level industry think-tanks, building & extending national B-2-B and similar relationships, etc.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national and ecosystem through participation as a thought leader, executing local CSR projects, involvement in local industry non-ICT policy & think-tank activities etc.
- Divisional people leadership activities: coaching, staff development and motivation through intra staff coaching, employee networks mentorship/support, own division employee engagement projects, faculty roles, inter/intra talent mentorship, etc.
- Generic activities necessary for positive business outcomes such as: supporting recruitment, thought leadership as internal (interview/disciplinary) panel member, influencing next level leaders (e.g., at BPR) etc.
- Continuously review performance management trends, contribute to the development of strategy and provide advisory services to line management and supervisors with respect to performance management and recognition
- Enable and support operational transformation across the business and define key performance indicators to measure success at the Enterprise, Divisional and Individual levels.
- Ensuring clear and shared understanding of business performance drivers and KPI alignment.
- Ensuring alignment between the investment in people through the IPF process and improvement in business performance.
- Proactively measuring and tracking performance to sustain Business performance (EBITDA per Employee, GCA Result, etc. )
- Proactively monitoring and tracking poor performance improvements
- Identify and deploy metrics to improve business performance.
- Implement and coordinate employee performance management and recognition activities within MTNN including performance target setting campaigns and appraisal system improvement feedback.
- Oversee the Performance Appraisal and Agreement component of the IPF Framework for all employees.
- Conduct spot checks on business deliverables and proactively escalate issues to MTNN leadership team where required.
Desired Skills and Experience
- First Degree
- MBA is desirable
- Professional Qualification from a recognized HR Body
- Minimum 10 years’ experience including:
- Manager track record of 5 years or more; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/ industry
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
- Work experience preferably in the Consulting, Research & Business Development or Human Resources profession.
- 2/3 years’ experience in either performance, career, reward, learning or talent management