Laurus Development Partners (Laurus) is a real estate development company combining local expertise with world-class standards. We develop environmentally sustainable, quality projects that deliver enduring value to our community, investors and end users. Our projects are designed to be future proof. We donít just build a project for today; we build it to be relevant in ten, twenty fifty years time.
By applying the highest international standards in real estate investment, development and management, Laurus is shaping the modern property market in West Africa. Our vertically integrated approach, combined with deep local knowledge, enables us to successfully execute property development projects in challenging West African market. The Laurusí team has collectively worked on more than two million square meters of real estate developments.
Laurus is an investee company of Actis, the leading private equity investor in emerging markets. Actis has been investing in emerging markets real estate since 1949. Actis gives us the financial backing to deliver complex, long-term projects that others struggle to deliver in this market. We develop world-class projects using the highest standards in architecture, design, engineering, health & safety and sustainability, adapted to local conditions. Because of our experience, our expertise and tried and tested approach, we are able to manage long-term risk and deliver strong returns.
Development Manager - Retail
As the appointed Development Manager, you will be required to manage the comprehensive development process from the initial site identification stage through to delivery of the completed project. You will report directly to the Sr. Development Manager. The successful candidate should ideally have previous experience in large retail development projects.
The selected candidate will be required to possess the following skills and expertise:
1) Ability to produce development briefs for issue to consultants which include setting time, design and cost objectives for the project;
2) Show a proven track record in managing the statutory processes involved in delivery of requisite approvals for commercial project developments;
3) Ability to collect and compile project information and report independently to the investor on a regular basis;
4) Management and coordination of the project team to ensure project milestones and targets are met in relation to timelines, design and budget;
5) Ability to lead the leasing process working closely with letting agents and legal counsel;
6) Develop an awareness of market opportunities. These opportunities could include coordination of feasibility, economic and financial analyses. Additional responsibilities could include providing support for project design and site selection activities as needed;
7) Ability to work as a team player;
Seven to ten years of work experience with a professional real estate development organization having worked on retail and office projects and with a record of project successes. Direct experience in Nigeria and/or Ghana will be a strong added plus.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Fluent in English (both written and verbal).
- Ability to implement a real estate financial model in Excel.
- Fluent in MS Power Point and Word. Fluency in MS Project will be a plus.
- Ability to work independently and needs a minimum oversight.
- Ability to manage a variety of tasks within a tight time schedule.
- Possesses the highest degree of integrity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to think creatively and contribute to projects success.
- Ability to adapt to a highly challenging and unstructured business environment.
- Ability to analyze real estate from a strategic point of view.
- Four years degree in engineering, mathematics or business preferred. MBA from an internationally recognized program will be a strong added plus.
- Lagos, Nigeria
- Nigerian nationality will be a strong added plus.