MasterCard (NYSE: MA), www.mastercard.com is a technology company in the global payments industry. We operate the world’s fastest payments processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. MasterCard’s products and solutions make everyday commerce activities – such as shopping, traveling, running a business and managing finances – easier, more secure and more efficient for everyone. We are leading the way toward a world beyond cash with the power to expand connectivity, opportunity, and prosperity for individuals, businesses, and communities.
Head of Market Development, Sub-Saharan Africa
Who is MasterCard?
What role do we play in the modern world? Are we an enabler of purchases or a facilitator for transactions? We play a much larger role in the world by enabling those that have no access to financial systems – every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We have the technology, people and Brand to serve modern society . Today, we are a global tech company that connects everyone to endless possibilities, priceless possibilities.
Head of Market Development, Sub-Saharan Africa
Market Development leadership for Sub-Saharan Africa which includes:
•Commercial Product Solutions (CPS)/Prepaid and Advanced Payments Expert Product Sales,
•Acceptance including strategic merchant management,
•Business Solutions which includes third party business development,
•Access Prepaid team management (also reporting into MEA APW lead)
Purpose of the role is to:
• Drive CPS, Prepaid and Advanced Payment revenue, volume and market share
• Deliver incremental POS to market and MasterCard products to identified critical merchants,
• Drive MasterPass, contactless and other key strategic market-wide platforms as well as identify new key partners and M+A opportunities
• Deliver government revenue and volume
• Deliver Access revenue
3 relevant questions to the role:
• Do you have a broad understanding of the payments business?
• Have you delivered innovative partnerships?
• Have you managed a complex and diverse team?
Responsible for leading all market development activities across Sub-Saharan Africa focused on new products, new partners and new revenue pools. The individual will play a key role in building the strategy and executing against it.
Manage team targeting and driving new sales of key products under CPS, prepaid and advanced payments (i.e. E-payment gateways and fraud solutions).
Leading Acceptance Development, the jobholder must formulate and execute MasterCard’s Acceptance Development strategy across Sub-Saharan Africa, driving the acceptance footprint, individual 'go-to-market' approaches across the acceptance solutions. Target and deliver unique MasterCard solutions to merchants driving revenue. Support MasterPass and contactless market-wide platform roll-out.
A key member of the Sub-Saharan Africa Division management team chaired by the Division President.
The jobholder will set joint objectives and supporting performance targets for the function based on a strategic plan built with the Divisional President.
Design and deliver business cases for new payment / technology / innovation initiatives which will require engaging players in the mobile, advanced payments, CPS, prepaid, government and acceptance value chains, establishing new partner / vendor/ enabler / joint venture integration with capabilities to sustain MasterCard’s competitive advantage.
[All About You]
Dual reports to the Divisional President of SSA and the Head of Market Development, MEA and:
• Analyzes business opportunities to increase volume and share implementing both short and long term strategies and tactics to increase profitability
• Define and build business cases with new business models, with new partners considering new distribution channels to drive the MasterCard business
• Implement Acceptance Development solutions that improve revenue generation and enhance mutual profitability
• Leverage all MasterCard assets and product management resources to deliver exceptional merchant/acquirer value
• In partnership with Regional and Global Acceptance Development resources, contribute to developing market specific business plans through the provision of appropriate market intelligence and to take responsibility for the implementation of those plans
• Interpret and assess available MIS to identify opportunities for innovation
• Actively contribute to individual market Acceptance Development efforts
• Serve as a key spokesperson and voice for Advanced Products and Acceptance Development Sub-Saharan Africa, both internally and externally
• Experience in managing multi-functional team in a matrix environment
• A proven leader who is results driven and takes a disciplined approach to achieve results
Equal Opportunity Employer