As international leader in marine services, BOURBON offers to the most demanding oil & gas clients worldwide a full line of innovative, safe, high performance and new generation vessels and an expanded offer of offshore oil & gas services delivered by 11 000 experienced and competent employees across 45 countries. By joining BOURBON you will be "Under the flag of excellence". Bourbon lnteroil Nigeria recruits a:
Chief Mate FULL DP OIMR - WROV
A leading international player in marine services, BOURBON offers to the most demanding oil & gas clients worldwide a full line of innovative, safe, high performance and new generation vessels and an expanded offer of offshore oil & gas services.
Bourbon Offshore Greenmar recruits a CHIEF MATE DP Unlimited OIMR-WROV
Duties & Responsibilities
The Chief Mate assists the Master in all vessel command and has whatever authority the Master delegates upon him / her:
- Assist the Master and learn all aspects of ships command with a view to eventual promotion.
- Act as the shipís Safety Officer.
- Committed to Safety and Company Procedures in all tasks.
- Keep the deck department inventory up to date.
- Allocate and ensure that all duties appertaining to deck department are carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
- Responsible for ensuring that the ship's LSA, Fi-Fi, anti-pollution and medical equipment is kept updated and in operational condition.
- Responsible for ensuring that all mooring, anchor handling and towing equipment are regularly maintained and in operational order.
- Responsible for loading, stowing and discharging of all deck cargoes and cleaning of bulk tanks; In charge of the deck ratings and their duties.
- Assist physically on deck during special operations such as anchor handling and towing.
- Responsible for the training of deck cadets and deck crew.
- Carry out crew appraisals.
- Carry out watch keeping duties.
- Is in charge of the vesselís chart corrections. Can delegate the task to a junior Officer but remains nevertheless responsible of the corrections.
- Supervise mooring and unmooring of vessel in port and at offshore locations.
- Ensure that the accommodation is kept in a clean, tidy and hygienic state.
Line reporting and functional linkage
This position will report directly to the Master.
Desired Skills and Experience
Key skills and behaviors:
- Organization skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Able to teach others his knowledge and skills
The Chief Mate shall have at least two year oil field experience as Chief Mate, Master or Relief Master on rig supply or work vessels similar to the specified Vessel.
The Chief Mate shall at all times during the term of the Contract be in possession of a valid License and STCW endorsement as set out in Basic Marine Vessel Specifications and Requirements for this type and size of vessel.
Permanent contract (1 year, renewed automatically at the end of the year).
Rotations 60 days off / on.
Vessel location: Nigeria
Vessel specs.: Bourbon TRIESTE
- Unlimited Chief Mate License
- DP Unlimited certificate
- With more than four years oil field experience in OIMR-WROV, of which two years as Chief Mate.