|May 06, 2015|
|Save The Children|
|Finance Officer (Only Nigerian Nationals) At Save The Children|
Level 3- The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
This position will be responsible for implementing and/or coordinating all financial and administrative support functions for the state office.
****SCOPE OF ROLE:****
****Reports to:****Field Manager
****KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:****
· accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
· high level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
· holds self and others accountable
· creating best-in-class EA function
· future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
· working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
· excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
· approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
· designing more effective admin systems
· willing to take disciplined risks
· honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity. ****S****
****KILLS & EXPERIENCE****
****Administrative & General Skills****
· Essential Criteria
· Level of Education – B.Sc /HND or equivalent
· Specified Study Area – Finance / Accounts / Business Administration
· Experience in working with partners accountable for grants and other financial support provided to implement project activities, particularly at community level.
· Excellent verbal communication and listening skills.
· Language Requirements: Spoken English-Excellent; Written English-Excellent
· Must be able to speak at least one local language predominant in that state.
· Level of IT Expertise: Excellent (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
· Professional certificate in accounting and finance
· Desirable Criteria
· Good training and facilitation skills (for financial training/support to partners).
· Ability to multi-task, engage in long-term planning, meet deadlines, and handles last-minute demands; exercise patience, and adapt to changing circumstances.
· Ability to be creative and proactive health service improvement is essential.
Year of Experience