CapitalSquare is a coworking space in Lekki, Lagos. We've designed an awesome workspace for entrepreneurs, freelancers, and small business owners, and we're building a community of independent professionals who like, support, and learn from one another.
Our community is very diverse, with members working in a variety of industry sectors, from technology, to marketing, business advisory, architecture and construction, project management, education, and the non-profit sector. And apart from just providing a space to work, we also actively help our members improve their skills and grow their businesses, by running a variety of workshops, trainings, and networking events, specifically tailored to the needs of small businesses.
Marketing & Communications Executive
- We're looking for someone (preferably an ambitious, fun, brilliant, imaginative, and confident someone) to join our growing team and manage our marketing and external communications, both online and offline. While this job is mostly online, you will need to figure out ways to take our online success offline, and ultimately increase our client base.
- You'll be working across a variety of roles, and you'll need to push yourself to constantly come up with unique and innovative ways to get the job done. This is a challenging role (small team = big responsibility) that requires both strategic and creative skills, and we can assure you that you will definitely grow here.
- Creating and sourcing original content for our blog and social media accounts.
- Daily posting and engagement on 4-5 social media accounts.
- Managing and creating content for our email newsletters.
- Brainstorming ideas for content development.
- Interacting with our contacts and clients, both online and offline.
- Promoting our services and events, both online and offline.
- Event and giveaway assistance: contacting, pulling winners, etc.
- Developing and executing our social media strategies.
- Monitoring and reporting engagement on social media, and implementing strategies to drive engagement.
- Creating and implementing the quarterly content calendar.
- Creating and implementing innovative marketing and advertising strategies aimed at growing our client base.
- Identifying and closing sales and partnership opportunities, both online and offline.
- Assisting with administrative tasks as assigned.
- Experience: Entry level, 1 - 3 years
- Qualification: Bachelor's Degree
- You must be a strong self-starter who thinks on his/her feet.
- Ability to recommend and initiate work projects with minimal direction.
- Experience with social media platforms, including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, Google+, and BBM.
- Familiarity with email marketing practices and software (Mailchimp, preferably).
- Functional knowledge of social media impact optimisation.
- Graphic design skills and visual awareness (knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator is a plus!)
- Passion for the startup and SME community.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Exceptional creative writing and communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good networking and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritise.
- Ability to work to deadlines under pressure.
- Willingness to learn and grow.